Site Problems ?

Ciara

I'm getting PMs pop up that I have already looked at, and according to the main page I'm not logged in ? also in PMs I get the translator kick in and I end up posting in French :confused: are ther being upgrades or something being done ?

Im already logged in >

logged in.png

Good morning, Ciara. Sorry to see you had this problem, as I had it as well. You see, we have been optimizing the LiteSpeed Cache Control this morning to improve website performance and page speed. As a result, you may have noticed some weird output from the website in regards to logging and logging out. The good news is: the cache control is up and running and our version of the LiteSpeed platform has been upgraded to the latest version this morning. That means pages should generally render just a bit faster for those on high speed connections. I hope that this is helpful and thank you for your report :)

im also having problems like

1. attach file isn't attached at all.

2. popup pm's but there is no message.

3. auto language is there anyway to disable it, like if i type thank you sometimes it show fank you..i could get in trouble with this.

4. more importantly in pms..some words where left out..for example if typed: "Feel free to browse and make the best use possible of our site." it was sent to the recipient like this: "Feel and make the best site"

5. when i click submit reply, sometimes the post doubled.

will post more if i noticed anything else. thank you.

Please let me know if you continue to see these problems after right now. As they should be issues that have been resolved over the last 30-40 minutes. To ensure for you I am not speaking nonsense, please see:

Link Removed due to 404 Error

Performance Benchmarks

Thank you

Thank you for your answer Mike but still getting some odd things haperning posted this 6 mins ago and had to edit twice > MWSnap008 36.png

i had this one too...i didnt get the screenshot though :(

well i did felt the difference on the speed..unlike before it takes quiet long to load.

Last edited:
water_cooler.jpg

Test image upload.

The problem should now be resolved.

im also having a login issue where it keeps saying im not logged and then i go to another page and then it says i am ?

I keep getting the translator changing my PMs ... have to keep editing out the two letters that stands for the language :tongue:

i noticed signatures are not showing on most part of the threads since this morning. :frown:

Please see our list of changes in forum announcements. To increase page loading time, signatures will only be shown once per thread.

View attachment 15056 not just PMs but in some post.

Use complete sentences. When Google translates your data into another language, that means it believes there is an 80% chance it doesn't match the English language. We have it programmed at that threshold.

Ensure that your language is definitely set to English in your settings, as well.

Ditto; Only I do have to log back in.
Also getting this strange effect;
View attachment 15046

It could be hickups in the CDN. For the log-out issue, be sure to have "Remember Me" checked when you log in. Also, don't forget to CTRL-F5 if you see any weird page artifacts. If it continues to happen, please let me know.

It could be hickups in the CDN. For the log-out issue, be sure to have "Remember Me" checked when you log in. Also, don't forget to CTRL-F5 if you see any weird page artifacts. If it continues to happen, please let me know.

Thanks Mike

I've tried the CTRL-F5 and a reload of the page through my browser, it corrects as it's reloading, as soon as it finishes it returns.
I noticed the page effects are only in the Fixed and 2.4.3. skins;

upy1f.jpg

2m2z5g5.jpg

2eo8gmt.jpg

As a relative "noob" to this Forum I am finding that each page is painfully slow in loading... { compared to other Forums I visit}
Please advise if this is "normal." {& if so can / will it be corrected?}
Thanks in anticipation.
Jan.

Thank you for your message. Too much information for one area. The problem was resolved. You will find Social Networking links under Quick Links from now on. Currently, we are inundated with requests and messages from members (at least I am), and I am trying to prioritize these as best as possible. There are code improvements that need to be patched, but had to be delayed tonight and this morning due to a bunch of issues I am being PM'd about. Please remember that we have a full staff, and you can contact any other number of these members.

Posting about site-wide bugs is great for this area.

Thanks for your report, Adamsappleone.

As for being a newb and finding the site slow to load, we just spent the last 15+ hours optimizing the site. You can always turn off the download of graphics in your browser settings and this may improve page load performance.

Back