So, anyone tried a Zune HD?

Matt

So guys, have any of you tried/own a Zune HD? I'm gonna get to play with one later today, and will probs do a write-up of it, and a small video of it. Depending on how I like it, I'll switch to the Zune HD, or stay with my Zune 8GB.

If it is of any interest to you, I cannot stand my 5G Video IPOD. It simply does not want to work with anything except iTunes and because of this my next mp3 player will never be from Apple... I am so far back in the times when it comes to MP3 players. The IPOD I used has worked since i bought it, but I had to buy a plug-in to get it to accept Windows Media Player, and even to this day that is kind of a buggy upload. Not very happy with it at all... Zune and other 3rd party mp3 players all the way.

Have you ever tried using Rhapsody ? Music, Downloads, Music Videos, Lyrics and Photos - Rhapsody You would also have to download the service, they have a free trial. Might work on "Zune"-- it works on an IPhone. (Yah- they can add to you I Tunes)

P.S. - You can try "Vuse" too. They'll sync with Zune. Free service. Not to be compared to Rhapsody though.......

Last edited:
I am now at a point of being a total beginner and almost bought an (old?) Zune 120GB, but I stopped myself thinking there is probably a newer one and then theres financial issues to deal with! I look at it like this... I'll just wait for the perfect one, then I'm good to go.

Expanding upon that thought, my 60GB ipod can't hold... too much music now... hate the incomaptibility issue.. ugh..

San Disk Sansa

I bought a San Disk Sansa 2 GB rebuilt Multi Media- with expandable memory last XMas, they said it may not have even been used. Great deal 15 bucks from the manufacturer. A rebuilt 8 GB Multi Media runs $179.00 with expandable memory. Stuck the USB in my computer, the program came up, no problem. A lot of people like them...

Have not tried Rhapsody. I used a program from MGTEK? Called DOPISP to let Windows Media Player sync with the IPOD. I simply just dont like Itunes at all... the problem is, now because Apple has encrypted everything on their newer IPODs, I would have to pay an upgrade fee just to download this WMP plug-in again!!! They just don't want to play nice with anything, because they know they will make money off the iTunes Store. It is sick!! They are like Starbucks. Starbucks figured out a way to sell you a $5 cup of coffee. Apple sells you a $500 cellphone!! lol!!!

Free Music And Video On Vuse

You can pick up a lot of freebie music, videos and movies. It's risky. They do cater to Apple.