Windows 10 [SOLVED] iTunes Toolbar not enabling

eXtremeDevil

Honorable Member
Hello, I use iTunes 10.7 (the toolbar was removed in newer versions) and I have the option to enable it, but no matter how many times I click on it, it never becomes active.

I have something like this (it's an internet image):

1541964723289.png

I can enable/disable all but the iTunes one. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Maybe some registry key is broken? Or a dll not properly registered?

Thanks in advance.

If it's gone in newer versions it's likely it doesn't work anymore in the version of Windows 10 you have.

Did you reinstall completely or just do a upgrade and keep your apps? Might be worth it to repair/reinstall itunes? I wasn't aware that the toolbar was even a thing :p

I repaired the install, and also uninstalled iTunes completely. I reinstalled Windows from scratch.

EDIT

Solved, the CLSID was under the blocked key in registry. In case anyone encounters the same problem, completely remove iTunes (if possible, with Revo Uninstaller -free version will do-), then search the registry for "B9E1D2CB-CCFF-4AA6-9579-D7A4754030EF" string (or at least that's the iTunes explorer extension in my case) and see if there's any key under "Shell Extensions/Blocked" or something like that.

Sorry I can't remember the exact reg key, but I already deleted it.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Back