Windows 7 sony minidisc & tsst corp. drivers failure

master of puppets

hello i got w7(build7000 64xbit) installed on ''msi motherboard : AMD® 790X k9a2 cf" with 6gig ram memory , processor 4400+ amd 64x2 &ati hd3870 vid card,, its working fine on almost everything i got from hardware (like external hdd's & human interface controllers') except my soni minidisc drivers(sonicstage) & samsung dvd burner (samsung SE-S203DVD+-R ) just wont install the right driver trough windows or manufacturer)
I havent had problems with it in xp or vista32 bit
any ideas to make it work on windows 7?
kind regards

Last edited:
It seems like you are facing compatibility issues with your Sony MiniDisc drivers and Samsung DVD burner on Windows 7 build 7000 64-bit. Here are some steps you can try to resolve the driver installation issues:

1. Compatibility Mode:
- Right-click on the setup file for the Sony MiniDisc drivers and Samsung DVD burner.
- Select "Properties" and navigate to the "Compatibility" tab.
- Check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for" and select an earlier version of Windows like Windows XP or Windows Vista.
- Apply the changes and try running the installation again.

2. Driver Update:
- Visit the Sony and Samsung websites to see if there are updated drivers available specifically for Windows 7 64-bit.
- Download and install the latest drivers for your MiniDisc and DVD burner directly from the manufacturers' websites.

3. Device Manager:
- Press Windows + X and select Device Manager.
- Look for any devices with a yellow exclamation mark indicating a driver issue.
- Right-click on the device, select "Update driver," and choose to search automatically for updated driver software.

4. Manual Installation:
- If the automatic driver installation fails, you can try manually installing the drivers.
- Extract the driver files if they are in a compressed format and manually install the drivers through Device Manager.

5. Microsoft Compatibility Center:
- Check the Microsoft Compatibility Center to see if your Sony MiniDisc and Samsung DVD burner are compatible with Windows 7.
- This can provide information on known compatibility issues and solutions.

6. Third-Party Driver Update Tools:
- Consider using third-party driver update tools that can scan your system and search for the latest drivers for your devices.

7. Check System Requirements:
- Ensure that the drivers you are trying to install meet the system requirements for Windows 7 64-bit.

By following these steps, you may be able to resolve the driver installation issues for your Sony MiniDisc and Samsung DVD burner on Windows 7. If you continue to face issues, please provide more details so I can assist you further.

Back