Windows 7 Sony Vegas 9.0 x64

ankido

Honorable Member
Doesn't seem like Sony Vegas 9.0 64bit works with Windows 7. I get the following errors.

The following components are required by this software:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ SP1 Redistributable (x64)

You can download and install them here. I cant remember but I think 2008 comes standard with 7? You can check if you have them if you look in uninstall or change a program in the control panel

I checked my uninstall or change a program and didn't see them there. I'll give the link a try and install them. Let you know if it works.

Should fix your problem then. You may as well download and install them all, both x86 versions and x64, there are links on the bottom of the page for them.
Good luck.

Doesn't work after installing. It continues to show me the same software needed in order to begin installation.

Never mind; vegas is asking me to install the components which it already has and ready to be installed. I'm going to crawl in a corner right now and shoot myself in the face. Sorry and thank you for the help.

You installed them all and did a restart yeh? Usually the C++ are included with the install on the disk somewhere. Have you tried running the install in compatibility mode? Sorry Im not familiar with the program, but is there and update for it? Maybe someone with more experience with the program can help you.

EDIT Sorry I missed your post above as I was typing this one.

Last edited:
if i can translate : I believe the OP is stating that the Sony app was asking if it could install something that was already on the CD and the OP made a silly and thought something else needed to be obtained. Comical mistake we've all made them and all wish every problem was so easily solved.

Doesn't seem like Sony Vegas 9.0 64bit works with Windows 7. I get the following errors.

The following components are required by this software:
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ SP1 Redistributable (x64)

found the solution:

1. Install and When you get the error don't click nothing.
2. search for the file "sftrans1" or "mcplug" or "sfvstwra" no quotes (because the files are unpacked now in a temp folder)
2. Copy this folder and paste on desktop. My folder name is "SonyInstall_1"
3. Now install from desktop

cheers
Georgiles

Back