Windows 7 Sound Cards **That WORK**

iPhillip

Hi,

I'm after a list of Sound cards that people absolutely know work in Windows 7 (beta build 7000) and have drivers that support them which also are compatible with Windows 7.

Thanks for any support/help.

I'm using M-Audio's Delta 1010 LT soundcard with drivers made for Vista SP1, with Windows 7's compatibilty program and it works great.

This is a ten channel sound card, a little more than what most people would use, but I use it for music production.

I haven't tried it yet, but I'm guessing all the Delta series sound cards would work using the Vista SP1 drivers, I have the Delta 2496 Audiophile card but haven't tried it yet.

I'm using a Sound Blaster Audigy 4 with the latest Vista drivers.

About the only problem I've had was losing the front speakers when I was trying to reconfigure Media Center.
Reinstalling the drivers fixed the problem. (I don't use compatibility mode or 'run as admin', and they install just fine)

Thanks for that, anyone else got onboard or a sound card with drivers that they know are working?

i got the conexant ac-link (ac'97) audio card to work, but the driver is not signed (windows dislikes this greatly), and i havent tried rebooting my computer yet. i will probably have to disable device signature enforcement every time i restart.

I have the C-Media AC97 onboard audio and it works perfectly. Using driver version 5.12.1.49. I also have Creative Audigy 4 Pro on this computer and even using the driver advised on this forum, it is crap! It works but produces distortion intermittently, the onboard sound doesn't have any issues.
One point of interest is that at work I installed Windows 7 on a computer that doesn't even have Vista drivers for it. It's an IBM M50 using Intel chipset. I downloaded the XP drivers for the graphics and audio, ran them in compatibility mode and both work perfectly!

I have a Realtek High Definition onboard audio that works great. Only problem I have is setting up the audio manager settings as they don't stick. Other than that the sound is awesome.

My M-Audio Delta 1010LT sound card that I mentioned above does NOT work with the 64 bit version of Windows 7. The 64 bit version of W7 won't allow unsigned drivers to install for some reason.

:frown:

SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium Fata1ty with Windows 7 drivers from Creative works with no problems for me on 64bit

Back
Top Bottom