Sound Editing

Microsoft Man

Extraordinary Member
In my last post I showed off the Windows Movie Maker 2.6 Enhancement Pack 2010. It gave users more flexibility went it came to creating custom-made videos. Although video is an important aspect in creating short films and movies, the other is the sound that goes into it. Without music or the enhanced voices of characters, a video can be really boring. Just take a good look at YouTube. There are a lot of the videos posted that are either boring or really dumb, no offense. You can make your videos more spiffy with a sound editing application. One of my personal favorites is the WavePad Sound Editor by NCH Software. You can download a free basic version from their website at http://www.nch.com.au/wavepad/index.html. Once installed, you will be able to do many basic sound editing functions. Here is a list of some of them:
  • Save files in wav, mp3, wma, ogg, aiff, au, flac, acc, m4a, gsm, vox, raw, rss, m3u, pls, wpl, amr, mpc, ape, and spx (Note: Some formats may require additional components to be installed)
  • The ability to do text-to-speech, amplify, normalize, echo, reverb, Fade In, Fade Out, CrossFade, Envelope, Change Speed and Pitch, phaser effect, flanger effect, chorus effect, distortion effect, AM Radio effect, telephone effect, and more.
  • Allows for DirectX effects
  • Ability to copy, paste, delete, trim, insert, silence, and more
  • Supports many sample rates, ranging from 6000 to 96000Hz. It also supports stereo and mono sample rates.
  • Can remove some excess noise or hiss

Note: When you install the free version of this software, NCH Software has programmed it to give you an evaluation of the WavePad Masters Edition for a limited time period. After that expires, you will still be able to use most of the programs sound editing functions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back