Windows 7 Speeding up Windows 7

Vignesh S

Running Windows 7 Home Premium on the Toshiba T110/00D, and despite using msconfig to stop some of the many programs from loading up at boot time, I still find that it boots up in 2 minutes, which is still pretty slow for me. I was just wandering what else I can do to speed Windows 7 up substantially, possibly even to the extent where I get a 1 minute boot time.

Hardware specs (just for comparison):
1.3GHz Pentium Dual Core
4 GB RAM (using 64-bit OS so all is addressable)
Intel GMA 4500M graphics accelerator

Running Windows 7 Home Premium on the Toshiba T110/00D, and despite using msconfig to stop some of the many programs from loading up at boot time, I still find that it boots up in 2 minutes, which is still pretty slow for me. I was just wandering what else I can do to speed Windows 7 up substantially, possibly even to the extent where I get a 1 minute boot time.

Hardware specs (just for comparison):
1.3GHz Pentium Dual Core
4 GB RAM (using 64-bit OS so all is addressable)
Intel GMA 4500M graphics accelerator

There is no silver bullet for a quick boot in Win7. There are a batch of processes that can be disabled if you don't need them (links are in this forum to a list of optional processes) and you might try disabling the non-M$ processes in msconfig. You also might try cleaning and defragging your registry. Check your BIOS and make sure that you aren't looking for things at boot that you don't have, e.g. a floppy drive and an unused SATA port. I don't think that two minutes is totally out of line for a 1.3GHz Pentium.

Back
Top Bottom