Startup Error

I've been running build 7000 of windows 7 since January and have had no problems with it until today. Whenever I attempt to start the computer it gets to the screen with the windows logo and once it finishes loading it freezes and I get an error. Unfortunately the screen with the error is only up for about 3s and then my computer restarts. After the restart it gives me a choice of booting to windows or going to the startup recovery manager. I have ran this several times and it has failed every time. It will boot into safe mode but I can't do a system recovery as it seems my computer hasn't made any recovery points.

I was really hoping that someone would be able to help me as I really don't want to have to start from scratch.

loathe

Best advice if your in the position is to back up all your personal files, and perform a clean install of the RC (7100) downloaded from Microsoft here.

Windows 7 Release Candidate Customer Preview Program

7000 is about to expire soon anyways and 7100 wont let you down.

Alright I'll start backing it up then. Thanks for the link.

Last edited:
This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.