Windows 7 Suggest me a program Protector

junjuramesh

Hi,

Can someone suggest me an application to prompt a password to execute or to run(use) a programme on PC not only installed applications but also for installing applications, the same should prompt password while uninstalling a program from the control panel. The application should collect all the programmes that are installed on the PC and should prompt a password while opening and uninstalling it.?

I googled for the abobe one and found ---Program Protect. But not satisfied with that application. I have to add the programmes to be protected manually. And when I tried to uninstall the protected program, it is going well, not prompting any password.

It is some what difficult to add the uninstaller also into the Program Protect application, for all the programmes installed on the PC.

Please suggest me with ur experience....

Thanking You...

I can tell what I do, I create encrypted virtual drive with the True Crypt software. Then I install certain programs to that drive. When I need to run something from it, I enter my password to open this drive.

Another method I sometimes use is setting restrictions on .exe files so they can be started from my admin account only.

Cybercore, I would love to see a tutorial on this. I think this would be beneficial to everyone who is thinking about doing some thing like this. If not a video of how to set up the drive and how to use the software or maybe a power point and the exact steps.

Cybercore, I would love to see a tutorial on this. I think this would be beneficial to everyone who is thinking about doing some thing like this. If not a video of how to set up the drive and how to use the software or maybe a power point and the exact steps.

No problem, I promise I'll post a tutorial on this. In fact, it's very very simple: with True Crypt, you create an encrypted virtual drive (which consists of a file that can be accessed by True Crypt only) and then mount this file so in your system it appears as an hdd partition on which you can store data and install software. (To mount this drive you have to enter your password)

Back
Top Bottom