Windows Vista Surfing with Chrome

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Google updated their browser the other day to a new final version (see multimedia section).

I thought why not give it a try for a few days and see how it runs.. So far I've not been disappointed. It's yet to lock up and plug-ins (flash player) have installed with no problems. Quite how long this will last is yet to be seen but it's refreshing to get away from I.E. for a while.
Lastly, I'm also running the 7077 build of win7 so again it's good to see it installing without a hitch.

Can't quite make up my mind about Chrome, kemical. It has been just updated mainly because of a security flaw (high risk.)
Mind you this is the norm. these days among most browsers. Might give it another go ..
Also running 7 build 7077 and no problems at all!!! No fun in that is there?????????

No I guess not....lol.

Seriously though, this 7077 build is rock solid in terms of reliability. I set my machine up the other week, applying an overclock to 3.5GHz (actually nearer 3.6 but anyway) and then ran Prime95 for two hours without error.. Since then, I don't think it's locked up once nor done anything weird like vista used to do..

The RC is supposed to be out in the next two weeks (May 5th I think) and that build is supposed to be numbered '7100' but I guess time will tell....

Back
Top Bottom