Windows 10 System Restore function

Fenway16

Honorable Member
I noticed a "history" tab in the Support Assist menus. When I clicked on it a window comes up with "restore" - is this the restore that has a date to go back to like I used to use on Seven? Thanks again.

Solution
The "Restore" feature in Dell's SupportAssist may not be the same as a traditional System Restore in Windows. Here's how it typically works: 1. Dell SupportAssist Restore: - The "Restore" feature within Dell's SupportAssist tool may allow you to restore your Dell system to a previous time, similar to a system restore. However, the exact functionality can vary based on the specific features provided by Dell in their SupportAssist software. 2. System Restore: - If you want to perform a traditional System Restore on a Windows system: - Search for "Create a restore point" in the Windows search bar and open the "System Properties" window. - In the "System Properties" window, click on the "System Restore" button to initiate a...
The "Restore" feature in Dell's SupportAssist may not be the same as a traditional System Restore in Windows. Here's how it typically works: 1. Dell SupportAssist Restore: - The "Restore" feature within Dell's SupportAssist tool may allow you to restore your Dell system to a previous time, similar to a system restore. However, the exact functionality can vary based on the specific features provided by Dell in their SupportAssist software. 2. System Restore: - If you want to perform a traditional System Restore on a Windows system: - Search for "Create a restore point" in the Windows search bar and open the "System Properties" window. - In the "System Properties" window, click on the "System Restore" button to initiate a System Restore process. It's recommended to read the specifics provided in the Dell SupportAssist documentation or guides to understand how their "Restore" feature works and the extent of the restore points available. If you are looking for a standard System Restore as found in Windows, you might need to use the built-in Windows System Restore functionality instead of Dell's SupportAssist.

Solution
Back