Windows 7 System Sound when web page changes-How do I shut it off?

Jimsta

Windows 7 RC
How do I shut off this annoyance? Whenever I go to a new webpage I get a "system sound". I dont see or hear the sound noted in the "Change system sounds" area on the Control Panel.

Thanks

Jim

Need more info m8. What browser are you using. Try going to control panel > sound and choosing No sounds in the drop down.

Need more info m8. What browser are you using. Try going to control panel > sound and choosing No sounds in the drop down.

I am using IE 8. I will try your suggestion. Would that shut off all sounds though? I am just looking to stop the tone that plays when I the page changes.
Any help is appreciated

I am using IE 8. I will try your suggestion. Would that shut off all sounds though? I am just looking to stop the tone that plays when I the page changes.
Any help is appreciated

I have just tried IE8 and can't seem to get any sound when visiting new webpages in fact no sound doing anything really , are you using any addons/toolbars ??

Option 1

Go into "Control Panel", "Sound", "Sounds" tab, find "Start Navigation" and turn it off.

Option 2

Test each sound in "Sounds" until you find the offending one(s), then turn it (them) off.

Back
Top Bottom