Windows 7 Task Manager Broken

Cheemag

Extraordinary Member
Me Again !

New machine with Windows 7 Pro.

Wanted to use Task Manager to halt a programme.

Task Manager comes up in the Processes page, no header, no tabs, no way out other than closing the thing with the Taskbar context popup.

Can I somehow correct this, or should I seek a replacement utility ?

Regards,

Cheemag

cheemag take a screenshot and post it here please and how are you trying to out the program in the services or the processes

try this To switch Task Manager to its normal display mode, double-click the top border of the window

To work around this behavior, perform the following steps:
  1. Click Start, and then click Run.
  2. Type taskmgr.exe.
  3. Hold down CTRL+ALT+SHIFT at the same time, and while holding them down press ENTER.

Last edited:
cheemag take a screenshot and post it here please and how are you trying to out the program in the services or the processes
try this To switch Task Manager to its normal display mode, double-click the top border of the window

To work around this behavior, perform the following steps:
  1. Click Start, and then click Run.
  2. Type taskmgr.exe.
  3. Hold down CTRL+ALT+SHIFT at the same time, and while holding them down press ENTER.

What a dreadfully complicated forum reply system !

The first suggestion worked: double-clicking on the top border brought it to heel. Won't need to post the screenshot now.
Thank you.

How did I exit Task Manager ? Right click on its icon on the Taskbar and click on Close Window.

Thanks again. Don't know how it got into that state.

Regards,

Cheemag

Back