Windows XP The application failed to initialize properly (0xc00000fd).

timxjog

Hi Everyone

You may have already seen two previous threads from me about attempting to move a program from a Vista machine to an XP machine. I have now finally managed to get all the DLLs sorted out. The Ordinal 344 error was because I accidentally copied the wrong version of a DLL over. However, I am now getting a new error which is as follows:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc00000fd)."

I have looked up 0xc00000fd and it is a stack overflow error.

Is there a way of increasing the stack in Windows XP? Or is there any other solution to this?

Thank you very much.

Kind regards

Tim

Windows manages the stack and grows it as needed. A stack overflow means the program tried to access memory outside of the stack. This is an application problem and not Windows.

Windows manages the stack and grows it as needed. A stack overflow means the program tried to access memory outside of the stack. This is an application problem and not Windows.

Hi Neemobeer

Thank you very much for your reply.

Given that the program does not cause a stack overflow on Vista, why do you think it does so on XP?

You'd probably have to attach a debugger to determine that. Is the program even designed to work on XP or is there an installer. Many programs can't be simply copied over.

Back