Windows 7 The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion Construction Set

zaldir

Hey guys!
I got a problem with compatibility between Windows 7 and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Construction Set.
As I mod very much, I can't live without that program. So for now I have degraded to Windows XP again...

Details for people who know the program:
Everything works fine, except when I try to make Dialogues for characters. As soon as I try that, the CS Crashes.
Anyone got this problem, or know a workaround for it?

Solution
It seems like you're encountering compatibility issues with The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Construction Set when running it on Windows 7. The specific problem you mentioned, where the CS crashes when trying to create dialogues for characters, could be due to compatibility issues between the software and the operating system.
Here are a few potential workarounds or solutions you can try to resolve this issue:
1. Compatibility Mode:
- Right-click on the Construction Set executable file (the .exe file).
- Select "Properties" from the context menu.
- Go to the "Compatibility" tab.
- Check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windows XP" from the dropdown list.
- Apply the changes...
It seems like you're encountering compatibility issues with The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Construction Set when running it on Windows 7. The specific problem you mentioned, where the CS crashes when trying to create dialogues for characters, could be due to compatibility issues between the software and the operating system.
Here are a few potential workarounds or solutions you can try to resolve this issue:
1. Compatibility Mode:
- Right-click on the Construction Set executable file (the .exe file).
- Select "Properties" from the context menu.
- Go to the "Compatibility" tab.
- Check the box that says "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select "Windows XP" from the dropdown list.
- Apply the changes and try running the program again.
2. Administrator Privileges:
- Running the Construction Set with administrator privileges might help in some cases.
- Right-click on the Construction Set shortcut or executable file.
- Choose "Run as administrator" to launch the program with elevated privileges.
3. Virtual Machine or Emulation:
- Running Windows XP in a virtual machine (VM) on your Windows 7 system could be a workaround. You can install Windows XP within a VM like VirtualBox or VMware Player.
- Alternatively, you can try using Windows XP Mode, which is a virtual Windows XP environment provided by Microsoft for Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise, and Ultimate users.
4. Compatibility Patches or Mods:
- Check if there are any patches or mods available for the Construction Set to improve compatibility with Windows 7.
- Visit forums and community sites related to modding for The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion to see if others have encountered and solved similar issues.
5. Update Graphics Drivers:
- Ensure that your graphics drivers are up to date. Sometimes, outdated drivers can cause compatibility issues with certain software.
6. Alternative Dialog Editing Tools:
- While not ideal, you could explore alternative tools for creating dialogues until the issue with the Construction Set is resolved. Tools like TES4Edit might offer similar functionality for dialogue editing.
These steps may help you work around the issue you are facing with the Construction Set on Windows 7. Remember to back up your data and settings before making any changes to your system. Let me know if you need further assistance or if you have any other questions!

Solution
Back