Windows 7 The first documented bug in the Windows 7 RC 32X

thanks. I tired to download it but got the 7100 build. I guess I wasn't invited to the party.

rmcnaugh

I got my invite.. :) But I'm not using it.. there's really no point in my opinion.. I'll continue to use the RC until the Retail is in stores.. ;)

I got my invite.. :) But I'm not using it.. there's really no point in my opinion.. I'll continue to use the RC until the Retail is in stores.. ;)
how did you do it. I'm just curious. Because If they release better build, why not get it? also, it's true we have rc for a full year?

rmcnaugh

how did you do it. I'm just curious. Because If they release better build, why not get it? also, it's true we have rc for a full year?

rmcnaugh

I agree the temptation to get the Win 7 RTM is high.. but to me it's just not worth it.. ;) I mean think about it this way, the overall purpose of the RTM is to "smooth out the rough edges of the RC" meaning as far as differences/changes go they will be almost non-existent.. Mainly because Windows 7 is already so stable/solid and contains very few bugs compared to Vista.. ;)

Now when Vista was in RC stages and going to RTM yes, it was well worth it to download the RTM because of the large amount of bugs that were in the Vista RC.. (unfortunately the RTM didn't solve all of those bugs as we all know ;) ). It would have actually seemed like a "better/changed" version of the OS in Vista's case.. I just don't feel that is the case with Win 7..

That's how I look at it anyway.. I'm not saying if you have the chance to download the Win 7 RTM don't, I'm just saying I won't be and that's my reasoning.. ;)

Yes the RC will work for a year.. March 2010 is when it expires and that's when the bi-hourly reboots will start.. However, the Final version of Windows 7 will in fact be released this holiday season (as confirmed by Microsoft) so you'll be able to purchase a final copy of Windows 7 long before the RC expires..

Back