Windows 8 The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion error HELP

mankreft

Every time I try to start ANYTHING in C:\Windows\System32 (such as task manager and other essential things), I get this error: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

I've searched all over the internet for a solution but I've come up with nothing. I tried to do the regedit solution but I get the same error. I am unable to install anything due to the fact that whenever I try to run an installer I get said error.

If anyone knows a solution to this please help.

Hi,
if you can boot into safe mode with command prompt and run these scans:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Try checking for virus/Malware by running this ESET scan:
Online Malware Detection

Hi,
if you can boot into safe mode with command prompt and run these scans:
File scans
Right click on the Start menu icon and from the revealed list choose 'admin command prompt'. Type:
sfc /scannow
press enter and await results

In the same command prompt and after the above scan has finished type:
dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
Press enter and await results (longer this time).

If the first scan found files it could not repair but the second scan is successful, run the first scan again using the same command prompt box and this time it should repair the files found.

Try checking for virus/Malware by running this ESET scan:
Online Malware Detection

Okay, I will try this out. Thanks for the help. This problem is slowly getting worse. It's got to the point where downloads are automatically stopped at around the half way mark.

Check for malware using this online scanner: Online Malware Detection

Check your event logs for anything which might be connected or looks related.

Check Third party applications and any possible conflicts.

Back