The son of legendary Pink Floyd guitarist Dave Gilmour has been arrested

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
The son of legendary Link Removed - Invalid URL guitarist Link Removed - Invalid URL has been arrested for taking part in the violent protests over student tuition that have engulfed Link Removed - Invalid URL.
Link Removed - Invalid URL was charged Thursday on suspicion of violent disorder and attempted criminal damage, British newspaper The Guardian reported.
The 21-year-old was also accused of damaging the Union flag on London's Cenotaph, which is a monument in Link Removed - Invalid URL honoring fallen soldiers, the BBC reported.
Last month he reportedly was caught on video grabbing a policeman's helmet during protests, which also may have gotten him in trouble with London police.
"On the morning of Sunday 12 December, a [man] was arrested at his home address in Link Removed - Invalid URL," said a spokesman for London police told The Guardian. "He was arrested by officers from Operation Malone on suspicion of violent disorder, and attempted criminal ... He was taken to a Sussex police station where he has been further arrested on suspicion of theft."
Gilmour was photographed during the protests last week and publicly apologized Friday for having climbed on the Cenotaph during the protests, according to reports.
He also claimed to be high on LSD at the time of the violent protest and didn’t even know what the monument was when he was climbing it - despite being a history major at Link Removed - Invalid URL, the Daily Mirror reported.
"I woke up this morning feeling nothing but shame for what I did. I'm so ashamed of myself that I really want to curl up into a ball and die," he told the Mail. "It's awful and I'm very sorry."
But an apology apparently wasn’t good enough for police, who have been cracking down on the alleged troublemakers. Even his mother, Link Removed - Invalid URL, posted a message on Link Removed - Invalid URL saying, "I am ashamed of him as he is of himself."
The protests over a government-approved plan to triple tuition have led to 175 arrests since the violence broke out last week. A car carrying Link Removed - Invalid URL and his wife, Camilla, was briefly swarmed by protesters on Thursday.
On Sunday, police issued pictures of 14 people wanted in connection with some of the violent acts committed during the protests, which include attacks on police officers and property damage.
"The rights of protest and expression are important to us all," Detective chief superintendent Link Removed - Invalid URL told reporters. "However, people breaking the law, endangering those protesting peacefully and committing offences such as this are criminals."

Back