The Walking Dead

i kinda feel like the show is based more on drama between the team members and other humans than it is focused on zombie related problems. not trying to troll just sayin.

i kinda feel like the show is based more on drama between the team members and other humans than it is focused on zombie related problems. not trying to troll just sayin.
I've loved the show ever since @Trouble introduced me to it years ago, and have since even met members of the cast at Comic-Con. It is a great show, but yes, they are using artistic license. For example, in real life, either the military of the world would have defeated this zombie invasion by now, or, for example. everyone, especially Rick, and the baby would be dead. I mean the baby just from making too much noise. Let's be honest here, the show does take its liberties. The avenue of science fiction though, does give them an opportunity to explore taboo subjects that you wouldn't necessarily see on other shows, if they do it right. Good science fiction has always served that role. Whether it is an introspection on the human condition and whether people turn into monsters or are born as one.. how people react in a group environment.. all that good stuff, I think, is covered by this show. It is definitely soap opera-fan friendly, but I think you can argue it has exceeded or matched the appeal some legendary sci-fi shows have in the past with groundbreaking new stuff like "The Twilight Zone", "Star Trek", and "The X-Files" come to mind. Good stuff!

Here's the trailer:

Sorry guy's i had to remove this due to copyright.

Last edited:
What do you guys think of the mid-season premier of the walking dead? Does it still keep you at the edge of your seat or are you now just simply waiting for the next zombie attack while watching all the drama unfold? :redface:

I enjoyed it for one... I guess it's lost the original edge it once had but still, clever writing and good acting makes it very watchable. Plus we as an audience have grown with the cast especially if watching from the beginning. We have a lot invested in these characters and it's always a debate on who will be killed off next.. Something which isn't lost on the writers no doubt.. ;)

The latest episode was a doozy.. Talk about cliffhanger!

Just watched the latest episode... So it's on.. The big rumble!

The latest episode was so good I watched it again straight after.. Killers indeed.

Wow!
Well he didn't mess about did he? Not one but two of our heroes had their brains bashed in. So what is Rick gonna do now and where does King whats-his-face come in? Looking forward to the next episode, crazy stuff!

So they killed off Carl. The only thing, it seems, the producers have left to move the audience with is killing off the cast and I've not watched anything from series 8 although I've read the reviews. They haven't been kind and i long for the days of series 2/3 when the show was at it's finest. How can any show hope for longevity when it's open season on the cast?

Back
Top Bottom