Windows 7 Themes Go Back To CLASSIC AFTER A FEW MINS

aztm2

Well i just download and installed Windows 7 Built 7000 And After About 5Mins Or A Few Mins And If I Don't Move The Mouse Then The Screen Will Go Black For 1 Sec And Then The Theme Will Be A Classic Theme And Then If I Move The Mouse Then After About 1min It Will Go Back To Normal Does Any One Know How I Can Fix This?

Its called dwm.exe, check your taskmanager.

That would be your Desktop Manager going skitzy on you. The same thing is happening to me, but i can't figure out why...
The only solution i could think of was to create a .bat file with the commands "net stop uxsms", then something like ipconfig to lengthen the time between commands, then "net start uxsms" to restart the process. This will end the bugged running dwm.exe and then start a new one. This really isn't the solution, I could propably pull more hypotheseis if you'd be kind enough to list your specs in case its something like hardware we have in common.... same to any readers out there with this proplem.

2.8 duo :eek:
4gbs ddr2 pc2 5300 :D
8600GT 512mb :p
160gb, 250gb SATA2 drives
windows 7 build 7068
overheating all the damn time :mad:
one optical DVDRAM+- ,ect all of em' ya

Some program or driver is probably causing this behavior. I suugest you try to locate drivers capatable with Windows 7.

When it happens, bring up Task Manager and verify that the drm (Desktop Windows Manager is in the list.

Also go top Services and make sure the Themes service is running and set to automatic..

Overheating is not good at all. Did it do this prior to installing Windows7?

Havehttp://www.mp3va.com

Overheating !Urgent need to find cause.

That would be your Desktop Manager going skitzy on you. The same thing is happening to me, but i can't figure out why...
The only solution i could think of was to create a .bat file with the commands "net stop uxsms", then something like ipconfig to lengthen the time between commands, then "net start uxsms" to restart the process. This will end the bugged running dwm.exe and then start a new one. This really isn't the solution, I could propably pull more hypotheseis if you'd be kind enough to list your specs in case its something like hardware we have in common.... same to any readers out there with this proplem.

2.8 duo :eek:
4gbs ddr2 pc2 5300 :D
8600GT 512mb :p
160gb, 250gb SATA2 drives
windows 7 build 7068
overheating all the damn time :mad:

one optical DVDRAM+- ,ect all of em' ya

Yes you need to look into that overheating for sure could it be a problem with your fan or cooling system ?
I would think finding out a way to stop the overheating should be a top priority !
Your hardware will suffer ie: CPU if you dont stop the overheating .
Good Luck .

Last edited:
Ist it just us then?

I've checked for compatibility, but there's nothing bad here.... i think that our hardware's overheating issue is the real culprit. Maybe its a fail-safe win7 has to lower process usage in extreme heat. Sounds like a good idea, right? If anyone could find a post with some clues for me, I'd appreciate it.....
icon6.gif

I cant find a cheap heatsink or fan solution.
SO..... imma build my own case! Should be sw33t and breezy, i just need enough plexiglass and some blue-prints.:p

Alas, a solution!

Alright! After some thought and patience, the guys @ windows heard me out and fixed teh problem! It's been patched in the latest release of the prebuild, but thats useless meow since the RC is finally available! You'll have to do the csversion.ini trick to trick windows into "upgrading" instead of having to reinstall everything from scratch. Tis simple, an should be done on a DVD-RW in case you mess-up!!!

Back