Windows 7 Thomson TG782T modem - usb port on win7 64 bit

ushere

hi,

i have a Thomson TG782T modem from bigpond with a usb connection on the side. i can access the drive connected to it from both my xp pro boxes, but not my win7 64bit. i get the following when entering the given address:

'windows cannot access \\192.168.1.253.'

message. diagnose says:

'the remote device or resource won't accept the connection - detected - little yellow triangle with ! mark'

any help gratefully appreciated,

leslie

The Bigpond help page is here: Technical Support

I'd check for downloads to enable your account under windows 7. There is also links for firmware updates and the like so hopefully your solution won't be too far away..

hi kemical,

thanks for the prompt reply.....

bp's technical support for this (their) modem is non-existent. as for my problem they want to charge me for it!!! which i think is a bit of a chutzpah to say the least.

i have searched not only bp's site, but the net for both a solution to my problem, and to see if there's a firmware update - zero on both.....

if you have any other suggestions i'd be very glad to read them....

leslie

Try this page here: Link Removed - Invalid URL

It tells you how to download the connection cd which has been updated for windows 7..

kemical, you're a wonder!

i spent a good 1/2 hour trying to find anything at all for it (other than the cd that came with it).

am d/l at this very moment and will post as soon as i've checked it out.

thank goodness for win 7's restore points, one of which i'll create before installing - just in case!

again, thanks for your time,

leslie

ok - will start to install then hang at first stage.

couldn't find any drivers or the like in the zip referencing the thomson modem - i have no problems with accessing the net etc., or using the router aspect - just this damn usb port....

thanks anyway.

i sometimes feel bigpond takes me halfway before asking for an additional payment to complete the journey. i mean it's not as if win 7 (even 64bit) is that esoteric any more....

Last edited:
well this did it for me.....

Control Panel - Administrative Tools - Local Security Policy

Local Policies - Security Options

Network security: LAN Manager authentication level
Send LM & NTLM responses

Minimum session security for NTLM SSP
Disable Require 128-bit encryption

Back