Windows 7 Trouble connecting to my web server

uoavitar

Hello,
I'm trying to connect to my web server with Yahoo. I have my own domain with them and use it for storage of files. I have never used Vista. I've been with XP since it came out but with all the great things I've heard about Windows 7 I want to give it a run.
In XP I would just go into "My Network Places" create a new network connection, enter the web site mywebserver.com, enter the name and password and I was set. It would open like a regular folder (after prompting name and pass).
In Windows 7 I "Set up a new connection or network", then "Connect to a workplace", Then "Use my Internet connection (VPN)". I then enter in my domain "mywebserver.com" into the Internet address box. After clicking next I enter my user name and password where indicated and check remember password and then click connect. It verifys the user name and password but then wont connect. I get this error:

The remote connection was not made because the attempted VPN tunnels failed. The VPN server might be unreachable. If this connection is attempting to use an L2TP/IPsec tunnel, the security parameters required IPsec negotiation might not be configured properly.

I'll be honest with you, I don't know what VPN tunnels are or L2TP/IPsec tunnels. If anyone could help me figure out how to set up this connection similar to what I had in XP I'd sure appreciate it.

Thank you,
Bill

Back
Top Bottom