Tune-Up Utilities 2009

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Software' started by lorenkjr1, Oct 3, 2009.

1. lorenkjr1

lorenkjr1 Honorable Member

I just want to say thank you for those who introduced me to Tune-Up Utilities 2009 here. Out of all of those I have ever tried this one certainly seems to work the best. And it really has a lot to it. I can't wait for the 2010 version that surely comes out very soon now.

2. ref

ref Banned

i always been a big fan of it until i started using windows 7 it didn't work for me at all never worked properly,have you been using it with no problems?

3. lorenkjr1

Yes, and so far no biggies. Warning however they do not recommend compatibility mode but, again no problems so far. And no problems with Vista. I understand version 2010 will appear on or before release of Windows 7 to general public on the 22 of this month. That one should have quote zero problems with 7. This is all based on recent company email to purchasers of Tune-Up 2009 about a week ago at $10.00 discount plus free upgrade to 2010 when it comes out soon.

4. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

No offense,

But I can almost guarantee it will find problems on a new fresh install of Windows 7.

I know this from installing fresh about 6 different times..;)

It will first pick up file extensions that are not in use and delete these first.

5. lorenkjr1

Ah yes, it surely will but, I would surely assume that will be fixed and ready to go when Tune-Up 2010 appears in a short while from now, right? As far as cleaning the registry and other cleaning chores however, I still think this is one of better ones I have seen. As for Vista, it seems to do a really good job all the way around, as for Windows 7 I have to assume that the things that are presently wrong with it will be fixed shortly.

6. stueycaster

stueycaster Millennium Celebration Award Winner
    Premium Supporter

I used "Registry Mechanic" and lost some of my shortcuts to System and Administrative Tools. I used "Crap Cleaner" and lost the boot loader for my second operating system. Granted, I should have checked but I was too lazy to read through hundreds of entries.

I will let Windows take care of itself from now on. That is a solemn vow on my part.