Windows 7 TVU Player

seekermeister

Honorable Member
I've been using this player for quite a while, without any problems, but recently that has changed. When I start the program it downloads the channel list, but doesn't see any signals from either the channels or TVU itself. I reinstalled it but the problem remained.

It was working properly with the Flash Player update that I have installed, so the only thing I could think of is that something is blocking the signals, like my firewall (Comodo), but TVU is listed on the trusted files and shutting down the firewall doesn't cure the problem.

The player I'm using is the latest version, so is there anything else that anyone can think of to fix the problem?

It seems like you are experiencing issues with your TVU Player, where it is unable to see any signals from the channels or TVU itself despite downloading the channel list. You have already tried reinstalling the player, checked the Flash Player update, and ensured that TVU is listed as a trusted file in your Comodo firewall settings.

Here are a few additional troubleshooting steps you can try to fix the problem with your TVU Player:

1. Check Firewall Settings: Even though TVU is listed as a trusted file, there may be specific settings within Comodo Firewall that are preventing the player from accessing the necessary resources. Double-check the firewall rules to ensure that TVU is not being blocked inadvertently.

2. Network Configuration: Ensure that there are no network restrictions or issues that might be preventing the player from accessing the channels. Check your network settings, including any proxies or VPNs that might interfere with the connection.

3. Antivirus Software: Sometimes, antivirus software can also interfere with the functioning of certain applications. Temporarily disable your antivirus software to see if it is causing the issue.

4. Compatibility Mode: Try running the TVU Player in compatibility mode. Right-click on the TVU Player executable, go to Properties, and then under the Compatibility tab, try running it in compatibility mode for an earlier version of Windows.

5. Update Graphics Drivers: Outdated or incompatible graphics drivers can also cause issues with media players. Update your graphics drivers to the latest version to ensure compatibility with the player.

6. Check for System Updates: Make sure that your operating system is up to date with the latest updates and patches. Sometimes, system updates can resolve compatibility issues with applications.

7. Contact TVU Player Support: If none of the above solutions work, it might be helpful to reach out to TVU Player support for further assistance. They may have additional recommendations or solutions for your specific issue.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot and hopefully resolve the issues you are facing with your TVU Player. Let me know if you need further assistance or if you have any other questions!

Back