Unable to activate Windows - Closed!

Johncoool

Extraordinary Member
I am unable to activate the Windows I upgraded yesterday from Windows 8.1 on the existing key.

When I type SLUI 4 I dont get the screen to activate by phone. I just get the option to enter a new product key.

Please assist so that I can activate via phone support.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble activating your Windows after upgrading from Windows 8.1. Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve this issue.

1. Double-check your internet connection: Ensure that you have a stable internet connection as Windows activation requires an active internet connection.

2. Run the Activation Troubleshooter:
- Press the Windows key + I to open the Settings app.
- Click on "Update & Security" and then select "Activation" from the left-hand menu.
- Scroll down and click on "Troubleshoot" under the "Activate Windows" section.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter and see if it helps resolve the activation issue.

3. Contact Microsoft support: If the troubleshooter fails to resolve the issue, you can reach out to Microsoft support for further assistance. They will be able to provide you with the necessary steps to activate Windows via phone support.

To contact Microsoft support, you can:
- Visit support.microsoft.com and navigate to the "Contact Support" section.
- Select your Windows version and the specific issue you are facing.
- Microsoft will provide you with different contact options, such as live chat or a toll-free number, to get in touch with a support representative.

When contacting Microsoft support, make sure to have your product key or original Windows 8.1 key available, as they may require this information to assist you better.

I hope these steps help resolve your activation issue. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble activating your Windows after upgrading from Windows 8.1. Let's try some troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve this issue.

1. Double-check your internet connection: Ensure that you have a stable internet connection as Windows activation requires an active internet connection.

2. Run the Activation Troubleshooter:
- Click on "Update & Security" and then select "Activation" from the left-hand menu.
- Scroll down and click on "Troubleshoot" under the "Activate Windows" section.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter and see if it helps resolve the activation issue.

3. Contact Microsoft support: If the troubleshooter fails to resolve the issue, you can reach out to Microsoft support for further assistance. They will be able to provide you with the necessary steps to activate Windows via phone support.

To contact Microsoft support, you can:
- Visit support.microsoft.com and navigate to the "Contact Support" section.
- Select your Windows version and the specific issue you are facing.
- Microsoft will provide you with different contact options, such as live chat or a toll-free number, to get in touch with a support representative.

When contacting Microsoft support, make sure to have your product key or original Windows 8.1 key available, as they may require this information to assist you better.

I hope these steps help resolve your activation issue. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
just tell me how to get slui 4 to open at the right page

just tell me how to get slui 4 to open at the right page
I apologize for not providing you with the specific instructions on how to open the correct page using the "SLUI 4" command. To open the page for phone activation using the "SLUI 4" command, please follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type "SLUI 4" (without quotes) in the Run dialog box.
3. Press Enter or click OK.

This should open the "Activate Windows" dialog box with options to select your country or region and the appropriate phone number to call for activation.

If executing the "SLUI 4" command does not bring up the expected dialog box, it is possible that there may be an issue with the system files or the command execution. In such cases, I recommend contacting Microsoft support for further assistance. They will be able to guide you through the phone activation process and help resolve any issues that may be preventing it from working correctly.

I apologize for any confusion caused. Please let me know if you have any further questions.

I apologize for not providing you with the specific instructions on how to open the correct page using the "SLUI 4" command. To open the page for phone activation using the "SLUI 4" command, please follow these steps:

1. Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to open the Run dialog box.
2. Type "SLUI 4" (without quotes) in the Run dialog box.
3. Press Enter or click OK.

This should open the "Activate Windows" dialog box with options to select your country or region and the appropriate phone number to call for activation.

If executing the "SLUI 4" command does not bring up the expected dialog box, it is possible that there may be an issue with the system files or the command execution. In such cases, I recommend contacting Microsoft support for further assistance. They will be able to guide you through the phone activation process and help resolve any issues that may be preventing it from working correctly.

I apologize for any confusion caused. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
It did bring up a dialog box but not the one for contact to activate from phone support. Are there rules on which Windows can reach that dialog box and is there an online SLUI replacement?

It did bring up a dialog box but not the one for contact to activate from phone support. Are there rules on which Windows can reach that dialog box and is there an online SLUI replacement?
I apologize for the confusion. It seems that the "SLUI 4" command is not bringing up the expected dialog box for phone activation in your case. There are no specific rules regarding which versions of Windows can access the "SLUI 4" dialog box, as it should generally be available for all versions.

If the "SLUI 4" command is not working for you, there are a few alternatives you can try:

1. Use the online activation option: Instead of using the "SLUI 4" command, you can try activating your Windows online. To do this, follow these steps:

- Click on "Change product key" and enter your product key or the original key for your Windows 8.1.
- Click "Next" and wait for the activation process to complete. If successful, your Windows should be activated.

2. Contact Microsoft support: If neither the "SLUI 4" command nor the online activation option work, it's best to reach out to Microsoft support directly. They can provide you with the necessary steps and guidance to activate your Windows via phone support or help troubleshoot any issues you may be facing.

Remember to have your product key or original Windows 8.1 key available when contacting Microsoft support, as they may require this information to assist you better.

I apologize that your initial attempt to activate Windows was not successful. I hope these alternatives help resolve the activation issue. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.

I apologize for the confusion. It seems that the "SLUI 4" command is not bringing up the expected dialog box for phone activation in your case. There are no specific rules regarding which versions of Windows can access the "SLUI 4" dialog box, as it should generally be available for all versions.

If the "SLUI 4" command is not working for you, there are a few alternatives you can try:

1. Use the online activation option: Instead of using the "SLUI 4" command, you can try activating your Windows online. To do this, follow these steps:

- Click on "Change product key" and enter your product key or the original key for your Windows 8.1.
- Click "Next" and wait for the activation process to complete. If successful, your Windows should be activated.

2. Contact Microsoft support: If neither the "SLUI 4" command nor the online activation option work, it's best to reach out to Microsoft support directly. They can provide you with the necessary steps and guidance to activate your Windows via phone support or help troubleshoot any issues you may be facing.

Remember to have your product key or original Windows 8.1 key available when contacting Microsoft support, as they may require this information to assist you better.

I apologize that your initial attempt to activate Windows was not successful. I hope these alternatives help resolve the activation issue. If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask.
0xc004e016 error

0xc004e016 error
Error code 0xc004e016 usually indicates that the maximum number of activations for your product key has been reached. This can happen if you are trying to activate Windows on more devices than the product key allows.

Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the error:

1. Check the number of activations: Verify how many devices your product key allows for activation. If you have reached the maximum number of activations, you may need to purchase a new product key or contact Microsoft support for further assistance.

2. Remove previous activations: If you are no longer using Windows on some devices, you can try to deactivate them to free up additional activations for your current device.

- Press the Windows key + X on your keyboard and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" or "Windows PowerShell (Admin)".
- Type the following command and press Enter: slmgr.vbs /upk
- Restart your computer and attempt activation again.

3. Contact Microsoft support: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, it is recommended to contact Microsoft support for further assistance. They will be able to provide you with specific guidance and solutions tailored to your situation.

I hope these steps help you resolve the activation error. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.

Error code 0xc004e016 usually indicates that the maximum number of activations for your product key has been reached. This can happen if you are trying to activate Windows on more devices than the product key allows.

Here are a few steps you can try to resolve the error:

1. Check the number of activations: Verify how many devices your product key allows for activation. If you have reached the maximum number of activations, you may need to purchase a new product key or contact Microsoft support for further assistance.

2. Remove previous activations: If you are no longer using Windows on some devices, you can try to deactivate them to free up additional activations for your current device.

- Press the Windows key + X on your keyboard and select "Command Prompt (Admin)" or "Windows PowerShell (Admin)".
- Type the following command and press Enter: slmgr.vbs /upk
- Restart your computer and attempt activation again.

3. Contact Microsoft support: If the above steps do not resolve the issue, it is recommended to contact Microsoft support for further assistance. They will be able to provide you with specific guidance and solutions tailored to your situation.

I hope these steps help you resolve the activation error. If you have any further questions, feel free to ask.
I tried slui 4 on 2 other devices and all gave the same result and did not show the correct dialog box. can it be a region issue and I need to use VPN?

I tried slui 4 on 2 other devices and all gave the same result and did not show the correct dialog box. can it be a region issue and I need to use VPN?
Yes, it's possible that the issue could be related to regional settings or restrictions. Sometimes, the availability of certain features like phone activation may vary based on the region or country you are in.

Using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to change your IP address and connect to a server in a different region may help resolve the issue. By connecting to a server in a region where phone activation is supported, you may be able to access the correct dialog box for phone activation.

Here's how you can use a VPN to change your region:

1. Install a VPN client: Choose and install a reputable VPN client that suits your needs. There are many options available, both free and paid. Make sure to choose one that supports the region you want to connect to for phone activation.

2. Connect to a server in the desired region: Open the VPN client and select a server in the region where phone activation is supported (e.g., United States, United Kingdom, etc.). Follow the instructions provided by your VPN client to connect to the server.

3. Open the "Activate Windows" dialog box using "SLUI 4": Once connected to the VPN, open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key + R, then type "SLUI 4" (without quotes) and press Enter. This should launch the "Activate Windows" dialog box specific to the region you connected to, allowing you to activate Windows via phone support.

Please note that using a VPN and changing your region to activate Windows may not always be allowed or supported by Microsoft. It's advisable to use a VPN service that complies with the terms of service and doesn't violate any licensing agreements.

If using a VPN does not resolve the issue, I recommend contacting Microsoft support directly for further assistance. They will be able to provide you with the most accurate information and guidance based on your specific situation.

I hope this helps, and best of luck with your Windows activation!

Yes, it's possible that the issue could be related to regional settings or restrictions. Sometimes, the availability of certain features like phone activation may vary based on the region or country you are in.

Using a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to change your IP address and connect to a server in a different region may help resolve the issue. By connecting to a server in a region where phone activation is supported, you may be able to access the correct dialog box for phone activation.

Here's how you can use a VPN to change your region:

1. Install a VPN client: Choose and install a reputable VPN client that suits your needs. There are many options available, both free and paid. Make sure to choose one that supports the region you want to connect to for phone activation.

2. Connect to a server in the desired region: Open the VPN client and select a server in the region where phone activation is supported (e.g., United States, United Kingdom, etc.). Follow the instructions provided by your VPN client to connect to the server.

3. Open the "Activate Windows" dialog box using "SLUI 4": Once connected to the VPN, open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key + R, then type "SLUI 4" (without quotes) and press Enter. This should launch the "Activate Windows" dialog box specific to the region you connected to, allowing you to activate Windows via phone support.

Please note that using a VPN and changing your region to activate Windows may not always be allowed or supported by Microsoft. It's advisable to use a VPN service that complies with the terms of service and doesn't violate any licensing agreements.

If using a VPN does not resolve the issue, I recommend contacting Microsoft support directly for further assistance. They will be able to provide you with the most accurate information and guidance based on your specific situation.

I hope this helps, and best of luck with your Windows activation!
how to contact support without having to use the forum

how to contact support without having to use the forum
To contact Microsoft support without having to use the forum, you can follow these steps:

1. Visit the Microsoft support website: Go to support.microsoft.com in your web browser.

2. Select the product category: Click on the "Products" tab and choose the relevant product category for your issue. For Windows activation, you may select the "Windows" category.

3. Select your specific issue: Choose the specific issue you are facing from the provided options. If there isn't an option that directly matches your issue, you can try selecting a related topic or use the search function to find relevant articles.

4. Explore online resources: Microsoft provides a wealth of information and resources online, including troubleshooting guides, knowledge base articles, and community forums, which may help you resolve your issue without needing to contact support directly. Browse through the available resources to see if you can find a solution.

5. Contact support: If you are unable to resolve your issue through the online resources, you can proceed to contact Microsoft support for further assistance. Look for the "Contact us" or "Get support" options on the support website. Microsoft offers various contact methods such as live chat, phone support, and email support. Choose the method that is most convenient for you and follow the instructions provided to reach a support representative.

Please note that contacting Microsoft support may have different availability and options based on your region and the specific product or service you are using. It's recommended to check the Microsoft support website for the most up-to-date and accurate contact information.

I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck in resolving your Windows activation issue!

To contact Microsoft support without having to use the forum, you can follow these steps:

1. Visit the Microsoft support website: Go to support.microsoft.com in your web browser.

2. Select the product category: Click on the "Products" tab and choose the relevant product category for your issue. For Windows activation, you may select the "Windows" category.

3. Select your specific issue: Choose the specific issue you are facing from the provided options. If there isn't an option that directly matches your issue, you can try selecting a related topic or use the search function to find relevant articles.

4. Explore online resources: Microsoft provides a wealth of information and resources online, including troubleshooting guides, knowledge base articles, and community forums, which may help you resolve your issue without needing to contact support directly. Browse through the available resources to see if you can find a solution.

5. Contact support: If you are unable to resolve your issue through the online resources, you can proceed to contact Microsoft support for further assistance. Look for the "Contact us" or "Get support" options on the support website. Microsoft offers various contact methods such as live chat, phone support, and email support. Choose the method that is most convenient for you and follow the instructions provided to reach a support representative.

Please note that contacting Microsoft support may have different availability and options based on your region and the specific product or service you are using. It's recommended to check the Microsoft support website for the most up-to-date and accurate contact information.

I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck in resolving your Windows activation issue!
5 devices do not have the option to activate with phone. even when running the slui 4 command.

5 devices do not have the option to activate with phone. even when running the slui 4 command.
I apologize for the confusion. If you are not seeing the option to activate Windows via phone on any of your devices, even when running the "slui 4" command, it's possible that there may be an issue with your specific product key.

In such cases, I recommend reaching out to Microsoft support directly for further assistance. They can help troubleshoot the issue and provide you with the necessary steps to activate Windows on your devices.

To contact Microsoft support, you can visit support.microsoft.com and navigate to the "Contact Support" section. Select your Windows version and the specific issue you are facing. Microsoft will provide you with different contact

I apologize for the confusion. If you are not seeing the option to activate Windows via phone on any of your devices, even when running the "slui 4" command, it's possible that there may be an issue with your specific product key.

In such cases, I recommend reaching out to Microsoft support directly for further assistance. They can help troubleshoot the issue and provide you with the necessary steps to activate Windows on your devices.

To contact Microsoft support, you can visit support.microsoft.com and navigate to the "Contact Support" section. Select your Windows version and the specific issue you are facing. Microsoft will provide you with different contact
Does not work because

Microsoft officially ends the free upgrade for Windows 10 and 11 on September 20, 2023. At present, it is not possible to use the Windows 7/8 license key to activate a Windows 10/11 PC. Kindly visit the link below for more details.

Does not work because

Microsoft officially ends the free upgrade for Windows 10 and 11 on September 20, 2023. At present, it is not possible to use the Windows 7/8 license key to activate a Windows 10/11 PC. Kindly visit the link below for more details.
I apologize for any confusion caused. If you are trying to activate Windows 10 or Windows 11 using a Windows 7 or Windows 8 license key, it is true that Microsoft has ended the free upgrade program for those previous versions. However, there are still options available to activate Windows 10 or Windows 11.

Here are some possible solutions:

1. Check for digital entitlement: If you previously upgraded to Windows 10 on your device during the free upgrade period, your device may have a digital entitlement. This means that Windows 10 is already associated with your hardware, and you should not need to re-enter a product key. In this case, you can try selecting the "I don't have a product key" option during the activation process to see if your device is already activated.

2. Use a valid product key: If you have a valid Windows 10 or Windows 11 product key, you can enter it during the activation process to activate your device. Make sure the product key is for the correct version of Windows you are using.

3. Contact Microsoft support: If you believe you have a valid product key but are still unable to activate Windows, it is recommended to contact Microsoft support for further assistance. They will be able to provide you with specific guidance based on your situation and help resolve any activation issues you may be facing.

I apologize for any confusion or inconvenience caused. I hope these options help you activate Windows successfully. If you have further questions, feel free to ask.

Back
Top Bottom