Windows 7 Unable to print to network printer on Windows 7

skgruz

I have an Epson Stylus Photo RX580 attached to my Windows 7 computer via USB and setup to share.

I have another computer running Windows Vista when I try and add a new printer it just searches. But I am able to go through and click the ling that says "the printer that i want isn't listed" and i am able to select the printer by name on the network and then print once i establish the original connection.

The problem i run into is sometime later, I have not been able to specify the time frame, it wont let me print form the Windows Vista computer. I get Error - sent to the printer

Thank you for you help

If this is in the forum i apologize

Last edited:
i had a similar prob with my epson. it was because one machine was 64bit and did not have the correct 64 bit win dows drivers.

when you specif the printer manually then i presume it prints a test page ok? silly question but when you try to print later i assuem that the machine to which the printer is connected is turned on?

Did you check the "Server" PC firewall? (sometimes it is quite tricky and it auto-enables when there is a Win update)

i had a similar prob with my epson. it was because one machine was 64bit and did not have the correct 64 bit win dows drivers.

when you specif the printer manually then i presume it prints a test page ok? silly question but when you try to print later i assuem that the machine to which the printer is connected is turned on?

Both of m machines are 64-bit. Yes when i specify manually it prints and it will print other pages for a short time, which i have not been able to determine before it stops again.
I have double checked the printer to make sure it was on as well. Even tried to power cycle the printer.

Back