Windows 7 Unable to update windows and run troubleshooter: Error 0x80070490

Rudyboy

Hello All:

My problem may be a bit redundant. So I apologize beforehand if I confuse anyone.

Background:
When MS kept on hammering away, forcing me to "upgrade to Windows 10" I was seriously pissed. I did not want to upgrade. Windows 7 is working fine. If it's not broken, why fix it? Right? Hence, I followed an online procedure to finally prevent Windows 10 from forcing itself onto my machine, an HP Envy 15.

Since then, however, I am unable to run any other windows update. I've tried the troubleshooter, but even it won't work. Here's my error>
upload_2017-5-15_22-29-46.png

So I can't figure out what to do now. I can't undo whatever I did before to stop Windows 10 from unleashing itself. But I also can't download anymore windows updates. I get this windows update notification that it's "downloading" but it never downloads anything and I can't even stop it. Help?!

The Windows 10 "forced" update was removed from Microsoft, so what "fix" did you use to stop it? Error 0x0490 is "Element not found", so could be a missing configuration or file in the process.

Back