Windows 7 Uninstalling Windows Mobile Device Center

niglch

My friend was having trouble getting WMDC to work on his Mac, so I installed it on my PC (running win7 x64 pro) and let him use it to get what he needed done. Of course, no longer needing the program, I uninstalled it. However, I still noticed a process running at startup under the description of Windows Mobile Device Center (wmdcBase.exe). When I went into the system configuration, I noticed two windows mobile startup programs were still listed and enabled:

Windows Mobile Device Center | Unknown | %windir%\WindowsMobile\wmdc.exe | HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Microsoft(r) Windows Mobile Device Center | Microsoft Corporation | %WINDIR%\WindowsMobile\wmdcBase.exe | HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

I do not understand why these starup entries are still present on the list. I uninstalled the software yet it's still running/trying to run on startup. Of course I can't seem to find any way to remove the entries completely to get rid of the unnecessary clutter. It's no wonder Windows machines tend to get slow over time. MS really needs to come up with a better software management system. I'm sick of programs spreading stuff all over my computer (not to mention the registry) and just leaving it over after uninstalling.

Back
Top Bottom