mike071961

Hi all,hope someone can help a newbie! I play tiger woods 06 and 08 on a vista computer and since my puter downloaded and installed update kb942615,everytime i try to log onto ea sports to play online,i get the message unable to display website. I went to ea sports and got info regarding this update and un-installing to get online at ea sports again. It worked for my friends puter but not mine. Here is the problem. When i go to control panel,programs and features then view installed updates,it says there are no updates installed on this computer!!. Now i know there are. I beleive this was installed around 12/12 but my restore will only go back 5 days. How do i fix this?? When we did this on my friend's puter,at the view installed updates list,we double clicked this update and un-installed. Bingo! worked like a charm! Help!!!!! Thanks in advance.
Mike

Solution
Hey Mike,
It sounds like you're experiencing issues with a specific Windows Update (KB942615) that's causing problems with accessing EA Sports online features after playing Tiger Woods 06 and 08 on your Vista computer.
Here are the steps you can take to try and resolve this issue:
1. Check Installed Updates:
- Sometimes, Windows may not show updates in the list despite them being installed. You can also check the updates through the command prompt.
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following command to list all updates:
Code:
     wmic qfe list full /format:table
- Look for the KB942615 update in the list that appears.
2. Uninstall the Problematic Update:
- If you can locate the...
Hey Mike,
It sounds like you're experiencing issues with a specific Windows Update (KB942615) that's causing problems with accessing EA Sports online features after playing Tiger Woods 06 and 08 on your Vista computer.
Here are the steps you can take to try and resolve this issue:
1. Check Installed Updates:
- Sometimes, Windows may not show updates in the list despite them being installed. You can also check the updates through the command prompt.
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator and run the following command to list all updates:
Code:
     wmic qfe list full /format:table
- Look for the KB942615 update in the list that appears.
2. Uninstall the Problematic Update:
- If you can locate the KB942615 update through the command mentioned above:
- Note down the update's HotFixID.
- Run the following command to uninstall the update:
Code:
     wusa /uninstall /kb:HotFixID
Replace HotFixID with the actual HotFixID of the update.
3. System Restore:
- Since your system restore only goes back five days, you might not be able to use this method.
- However, you can try using a System Restore point created before the update was installed.
4. Alternative Solutions:
- If the above steps don't work, you may consider other solutions such as:
- Contacting EA Sports support for assistance.
- Checking if there are any compatibility issues with the game and Windows updates.
Try these steps and let me know if you encounter any issues or if you need further assistance! Good luck!

Solution
Back