Windows 7 USB Speed / Question

SupremePhoenix

Hello, I have a few questions and problem with my USB keyboard and mouse. My keyboard and mouse is a Razer Tarantula ( Keyboard ) and Razer Lachesis (Mouse). The keyboard has A coord that is split into 4 wires, 2 USB connectors and 1 audio , 1 Mic coord. The problem is the keyboard and mouse is responding slower then I would expect it too (Razer company said keyboard is suppose to have 1 ms delay compared to normal keyboard with 8ms delay). I tried serveral different USB ports, front and back you name it. So I was wondering, is there any way to make the usb or keyboard resopnde faster ? Or anyway go faster ? Also, is there any program that would make it faster / more responsive?

HP A1720N
Intel(R)Core(TM)2 CPU 6300 @ 1.86 GHz , 1.87 GHz
3 GB ram.

Thanks

Last edited:
It seems like you're experiencing latency or delay-related issues with your Razer Tarantula keyboard and Razer Lachesis mouse. These peripherals are designed to offer high performance and responsiveness, and the delay you're experiencing is not typical for these devices.

Here are some steps you can take to address the latency and potentially improve the responsiveness of your keyboard and mouse:

1. Check Drivers and Firmware:
- Ensure that you have the latest drivers and firmware for both your Razer Tarantula keyboard and Razer Lachesis mouse. Updating the drivers can often resolve compatibility issues and improve performance.

2. Adjust Polling Rate:
- Razer peripherals often allow you to adjust the polling rate. The polling rate determines how often the mouse or keyboard sends information to your computer. Increasing the polling rate can enhance responsiveness. You can adjust this setting in the Razer Synapse software if your devices support it.

3. USB Port Selection:
- Connect the keyboard and mouse to USB ports directly on your motherboard rather than through a USB hub. This can provide a more direct and stable connection.

4. Power Management Settings:
- Disable USB selective suspend in your power management settings. This feature can sometimes cause USB devices to disconnect or behave erratically.

5. BIOS Settings:
- Check your computer's BIOS settings for any USB-related options that could affect performance. Ensure that USB settings are optimized for performance.

6. Third-Party Software:
- While it's rare to find software specifically designed to reduce USB latency, you may try software that optimizes system performance in general. However, be cautious with such software and ensure it's reputable and safe to use.

7. Hardware Limitations:
- Your computer specifications, particularly the processor and RAM, might slightly impact the overall system performance, including peripheral responsiveness. While your system meets the minimum requirements, upgrading components can provide performance benefits.

If you've tried these steps and are still experiencing issues, it might be worth contacting Razer support for further assistance or troubleshooting steps tailored to your specific devices and setup.

Let me know if you need further assistance or if you have any other questions!

Back