igorot27

I just bought a new PC with Windows Vista Home Premium in it. It had been alright during the first few weeks until this time when I can no longer access the User Accounts and Family Safety as well as the Security Menu in the Control Panel. There is a shield besides the Allow a Program through Windows Firewall in the Security Menu and also shields beside Set Parental Controls for any User and Add or Remove User Accounts in the User Accounts Menu which suggests that I am unable to change anything on it although I am the Administrator.

I tried every suggestion I've come up on the web but it seems it doesn't work.

Can anybody help me sail through?

Thank you.

Solution
It seems like you're encountering some issues with accessing User Accounts and Family Safety as well as the Security Menu in the Control Panel on your Windows Vista Home Premium PC. The presence of shield icons next to certain options indicates that there are restrictions in place that are preventing you from accessing or making changes to these settings. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this issue: 1. Run as Administrator: - Right-click on the Control Panel icon and select "Run as Administrator" to see if it allows you to access the restricted areas. 2. Check User Account Control (UAC) Settings: - Make sure that the User Account Control settings are not set too high, which might be preventing you...
It seems like you're encountering some issues with accessing User Accounts and Family Safety as well as the Security Menu in the Control Panel on your Windows Vista Home Premium PC. The presence of shield icons next to certain options indicates that there are restrictions in place that are preventing you from accessing or making changes to these settings. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve this issue: 1. Run as Administrator: - Right-click on the Control Panel icon and select "Run as Administrator" to see if it allows you to access the restricted areas. 2. Check User Account Control (UAC) Settings: - Make sure that the User Account Control settings are not set too high, which might be preventing you from making changes. You can adjust UAC settings in the Control Panel. 3. Disable Parental Controls: - If Parental Controls are enabled, try disabling them temporarily to see if it resolves the issue. 4. Check Group Policy Settings: - Group Policy settings might be affecting your ability to access certain features. You can check and modify these settings by typing "gpedit.msc" in the Start menu search bar. 5. Registry Changes: - Be cautious when making changes to the registry, but you can try modifying registry keys related to User Account Control and permissions settings. 6. Safe Mode: - Restart your computer and boot into Safe Mode. Check if you can access the User Accounts and Security Menu in Control Panel in Safe Mode. 7. System Restore: - Consider performing a System Restore to revert your system settings back to a point where you had access to these features. If these steps do not resolve the issue, it's possible that there may be a deeper underlying issue with your system. At that point, you might want to consider seeking assistance from a professional or contacting Microsoft support for further guidance. Feel free to try out these steps and let me know if you encounter any specific errors or if any of these solutions work for you!

Solution
Back