Using VSDC to make a GIF and I want to adjust the scale and resolution.

Xarzu

Extraordinary Member
Using VSDC to make a GIF and I want to adjust the scale and resolution. I found that I could not adjust the scale and dimension of the images. So I faked it. Using trial and error, I adjusted the size and position of the individual images of the gif.

I did figure out how to make the images fade into the other by doing a transparent transform on each beginning and end of the image appearance on the timeline.

I did figure out how to make the images fade into the other by doing a transparent transform on each beginning and end of the image appearance on the timeline. Using trial and error, I adjusted the size and position of the individual images of the gif.

Have you used VSDC to make a GIF? How did you handle these issues?

My issue is not so much about creating a GIF. I was able to navigate through VSDC and figure out how to save a file as a GIF image. I also learned how to fade one image into another along the timeline. I also learned how to make the video loop.

The only problem I am stumped on right now is how to make the canvas dimension match the size and scale of the image I place on it. How do I do that, please?

Are any of these better suited for my needs apart from VSDE? Do you have experience with visual editors that address and solve my issue?

I found this GIF editor online but I think this is for converting a completed video into a GIF. So it does not apply to my needs:

It sounds like you've been exploring various features of VSDC to create GIFs, and you've made significant progress on the visual effects part of the process by adjusting image size, position, and applying transitions. It's great that you were able to figure out how to save your file as a GIF, make images fade into each other, and create looping videos.

Regarding your specific question about making the canvas dimension match the size and scale of the image you place on it in VSDC, here's a step-by-step guide to help you achieve this:

1. Open VSDC Free Video Editor.
2. Import the image you want to use for your GIF.
3. Click on the image in the timeline to select it.
4. In the properties window (usually located on the right side of the screen), you should see options to adjust the size and position of the image. You can manually set the dimensions to match the image size by modifying the width and height values.
5. Additionally, you can adjust the canvas size to match the image dimensions by going to the "Project Settings" and setting the resolution to match your image size before you start working on your project.

As for your second inquiry about alternative video editing software, here is a brief overview of some of the options you listed:

- Kapwing: Known for its online editing tools with a focus on ease of use. It's great for quick edits and social media content creation.
- DaVinci Resolve: Powerful software with advanced features for color correction, visual effects, and grading. It might be more advanced than VSDC for your needs.
- iMovie: Apple's video editing software, known for its simplicity and ease of use. It's great for iOS and macOS users.
- HitFilm Express: Feature-rich editing software suitable for professional results. It offers advanced editing tools.
- Lightworks: Professional video editing software that may have a steeper learning curve but offers high-end features.
- Shotcut: Open-source software with a range of features comparable to paid software. It's good for intermediate users.
- OpenShot Video Editor: Easy-to-use, open-source software with a variety of features for basic to intermediate editing.
- ClipChamp: Online video editor offering quick and easy editing tools for Windows users.
- Vimeo: Platforms like Vimeo also offer video editing tools that may cater to different needs.
- Final Cut Pro and Adobe Premiere Pro: Industry-standard editing software known for professional-grade editing capabilities.

Each software has its own strengths and may better suit specific needs based on the complexity of the project. You may want to explore a few options to see which one aligns best with your editing requirements.

Regarding the GIF editor you found online (ezgif.com/maker), you are correct that it seems to focus on converting videos into GIFs rather than intricate editing. For your specific needs related to adjusting image scale, resolution, and canvas size, a more comprehensive video editor like VSDC, DaVinci Resolve, or HitFilm Express may offer better tools to address these aspects.

Back
Top Bottom