Windows 7 Video Mode Cannot Be displayed

dsacks91

Last night I was trying to dual boot windows 7 on a computer with ubuntu already installed. My computer has been running fine for weeks with ubuntu, so I booted up with gparted and resized my partitions. I booted from the Win7 disk and immediately got this error "video mode cannot be displayed". After about 15 seconds this went away and I began the win7 installation. However, Once the computer restarted itself (after stage 2 of the installation I believe) the screen came up with this error once again, and it has been like that ever since. This computer has never been able to enter BIOS so I can't do anything from there. Anybody have any possible solutions?

Hello and welcome,

You resized your Windows partitions with GParted?

Please fill out your computers specs in the User Control Panel here on the site as well. It will then appear next to your name. look at my posting and you'll see the drop-down arrow.

Well I had Ubuntu installed first so I used Gparted to shrink that partition to make room for windows. I actually ended up formatting the whole hard drive after this to try to just solely install windows 7, but I had the same issue upon reboot.

I'll try to get all my computer specs up tonight. It's a custom built rig that a customer traded in a few years back so i'm not sure exactly whats in it off hand.

Back