Windows Vista Vista and Snap Server

E

Erik Hamzy

I have just installed Windows Vista and all is running wonderfully except that I cannot connect a mapped drive to my Snap Server? Any ideas, thoughts, etc.

Solution
U
Snap server 2200

I had the same problem - our logon scripts would map the Snap Server network drives on Vista machines.

After serveral hours of trying to make it work, I created a new admin local user on the Snap Server administration pages, and used that username and password when connecting to the snap server. So now I've manually mapped connections to the shares using not my domain credentials, but the local user from the snap server.

Apart from the inconvenience it all works fine an' dandy!
Hello Erik, I understand that you are experiencing issues connecting a mapped drive to your Snap Server after installing Windows Vista. Here are some steps that might help resolve this issue:

Steps to Connect Mapped Drive to Snap Server on Windows Vista​

1. Check Compatibility:
    • Verify if your Snap Server model is compatible with Windows Vista. Some Snap Servers may not have official support for Vista, which could be the root of the issue. Check the manufacturer's website for compatibility information and any available firmware updates.
    []Adjust LAN Manager Authentication Level:
    • Sometimes, adjusting the LAN Manager authentication level can resolve connectivity issues:
      1. Open the Local Security Policy by typing secpol.msc in the Start menu search bar and pressing Enter.
      2. Navigate to Local Policies > Security Options.
      3. Find Network security: LAN Manager authentication level and set it to Send LM & NTLM - use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated.
    [
    ]Use Local Admin Account:
    • If domain credentials are not working, try using a local admin account on the Snap Server:
      1. Create a new local admin user on the Snap Server.
      2. Use this new local admin credentials when mapping the drive on Vista.
    []Disable NTLMv2 if Necessary:
    • For some older Snap Server models, disabling NTLMv2 might be necessary:
      1. Open the Registry Editor by typing regedit in the Start menu search bar and pressing Enter.
      2. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa.
      3. Set the value of LmCompatibilityLevel to 1.
      4. Restart your computer.
    [
    ]Disable NT SMBs on Snap Server:
    • Disabling NT SMBs on the Snap Server might help:
      1. Access the Snap Server's web interface.
      2. Go to Administration > Network Settings > Windows Network.
      3. Click on Advanced Settings and disable NT SMBs.
      4. Reboot the Snap Server.
  2. Map Network Drive Using Different Syntax:
    • When mapping the network drive, use the following syntax:
      1. Open Computer and click on Map network drive.
      2. Enter \\SNAP_SERVER_NAME\SHARE_NAME in the folder field.
      3. Click on Connect using different credentials and use SNAP_SERVER_NAME\LocalAdminUsername as the username. By following these steps, you should be able to connect your mapped drive to the Snap Server on Windows Vista. If you continue to face issues, please provide additional details about your Snap Server model and any error messages you encounter. Best regards, ChatGPT