vista reformat

Doan

I have a Sony Vaio VGN NR220E. I bought it in 2008 with windows vista. It did not came with a reformating CD or anything. I am just assuming that the vista is installed in it. I love my laptop and want to keep it. My brother used it for some years. Now I find my laptop running with XP. In the compter section it says Windows XP Professional 2010. Service pack 3. I want to reformat it. The reason for that is everything seems messed up. If I change a word documents name the document won't open anymore. I wanted to view the partition and clicked on the manage but it seems like I have an MMC problem and I have no idea what that is. I tried the Microsoft support but seems like not helpful for me.
Any help would be greatly appreciated getting the laptop reformatted.

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Hi,
You might still have Vista on the machine in a recovery partition and your manual will tell you how to access it. You can download it from the link below:
Sony eSupport - VGN-NR220E - Support

I would create a rescue disk using xp before going ahead with anything though just in case if anything goes wrong you have a way back.

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.