Windows Vista Vista SP-1 Installed And Running

net_travler

First of all the 1st day SP-1 RTM was out for release this forum had a copy

because I'm home from work on Mondays I was probibly one of the 1st to download it

if I was part of the reason that it crashed I'm truely sorry

That being said

NO I DO NOT KNOW WHERE THERE IS ANOTHER DOWNLOAD

know I would do almost anything to get the rest of you a copy of it
but knowing where to upload it to, is not something I'm sure how to do
(and I might take suggestions)

I'm posting this to confirm

the 32 bit version Windows6.0-KB936330-X86 444,885 Kb file is the real SP-1 (at one point there was some question about that)

I had no driver issues after the install

If you do find a copy of this *remember to 1st un-install any RC version before installing this*

Net :D

Thanks for the update Net. Glad to see your up and running :D

As a new member of the Forum, I also have SP1 RTM up and apparently running o.k.
Only took 45 minutes to install and all hardware and associated drivers are working. Don't notice much change in my Vista Ultimate experience from what it was like with the last RC Refresh version, apart from it is taking about 20 secs longer to boot.
I suppose I should grateful that everything seems to be running well and no problems have occured so far.
Will keep everyone posted if any bugs appear.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40 Ghz
Abit IP35-Pro (Socket LGA775)
4GB Crucial Ballistic PC2 8500
500GB Western Digital 16MB Cache SATA-2
OCZ 600W P.S.U.
NIVIDIA 8800 GTS 640MB GDD3 :p

Hi Superbill, I think everyone is glued to their systems right now... As not many faults are being reported it looks like this uptake of SP1 has been a smooth one for the most part... Time will tell though

Also running vista sp1 rtm. So far no issue but not many changes from the last rc either. Only difference I have noticed is sp1 at system properties displayed and no evaluation watermark on the desktop.

Running SP1 here also on a 4 or 5 year old desktop machine. AMD 64 3500+ 2.20GHz processor with 1GB RAM. Only use the machine as a server really and to download files. Couple problems with Prevx Prevx - Helping You Fix The Threats That Others Miss and TrendMicro but those have been sorted out.

Plan on putting it on my T60p laptop sometime (4GB RAM, Centrino Duo 2GHz) but not just yet, can't risk any downtime on the main machine.

Hopefully I'll find the time to make an image of the drive before putting on the SP, just in case anything unexpected happens.

I have what I think is SP1 running and it seems to be very stable. I downloaded a file from this forum named Windows6.0-KB936330-X86.exe which weighs in at 455,562,200 bytes on my disk.

The MD5 hash is D597866E93BC8F80ECCA234C4E9CE5A2 which matches what the download link said it was and also matched a hash given by Adrian Kingsley-Hughes for the X86 version of SP1 on ZDNet.

After install Winver.exe reports: Version 6.0 (Build 6001: Service Pack 1)

Did I get the real deal?

Back
Top Bottom