Windows Vista Vista SP1- Any day now for release?

kemical

Windows Forum Admin
Staff member
Premium Supporter
For those waiting for the final release of SP1, I saw this article in todays The Enquirer..

THE MUCH- AWAITED service pack for Vista could be out any day now, according to the dark satanic rumour mill.
Yesterday a Taiwanse news outfit said that SP1 would be released on February 15. According to PC World that date is not unlikely.
Microsoft is refusing to confirm the rumours other than saying it would be in the first quarter.
Michael Cherry, an analyst with Directions on Microsoft said it was possible and it could be out tomorrow.
Other analysts have heard the February 15 date but think the Vole will not confirm it because the current SP1 release candidate is out there and it wants to make sure that there are no problems with it.
In fact, SP1 RC is fairly basic and not really much of a development on Vista itself. Those playing around with it say it is a strong release and it really caused them little trouble so there is nothing to stop the Vole letting it go.
Some analysts think that SP1 might encourage those who had been holding back from Vista adoption to sign up.
Another school of thought says that Microsoft had tainted the whole release and big business will probably wait for Windows 7.
More here.

You downloaded a release candidate...The article above is for the 'Final release'. After the version that you have downloaded was released there has since been two more releases. One about 2weeks ago and another a few days ago. I've tried the one you've got and the one released two weeks ago but not the latest as it's not for public release yet.
As it say's above though the 'final' version is set for release around Feb 15.

You downloaded a release candidate...The article above is for the 'Final release'. After the version that you have downloaded was released there has since been two more releases. One about 2weeks ago and another a few days ago. I've tried the one you've got and the one released two weeks ago but not the latest as it's not for public release yet.
As it say's above though the 'final' version is set for release around Feb 15.
Would you recommend this to a fairly new computer ? Can it be used on a Notebook ?

If you use Vista then yes it's highly recomended. As for the note book... if it uses Vista then again I would say yes as it is a definate improvement over the 'vanilla' version of Vista. I think with the notebook it would be better to wait for the final release as these early releases will not work past June or July but obviously by then the final version will be out. (As I wrote above, rumour control says the date could be the 15th Feb)

Back