zerkz

Anyone else have this working? I installed it last time flawlessly but any time I tried to compile anything I got errors (and no it wasn't my code.)

Was compiling C++ btw.

Heres a update with the error I get. After compiling and trying to debug a hello world program.

1>------ Build started: Project: test, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Linking...
1>Embedding manifest...
1>Project : error PRJ0002 : Error result 31 returned from 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\VC\bin\mt.exe'.
1>Build log was saved at "file://c:\Homework\COSC 110\Project 2\test\test\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
1>test - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Solution
It seems like you are encountering an error in Microsoft Visual Studio while trying to compile a simple C++ program. The error message "error PRJ0002 : Error result 31 returned from 'mt.exe'" indicates that there might be an issue with the program manifest generation during the build process. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this error: 1. Check Visual Studio Version Compatibility: - Ensure that the version of Visual Studio you are using is compatible with the C++ project you are trying to build. 2. Clean and Rebuild: - Sometimes, build artifacts can cause issues. Try cleaning your project and then rebuilding it. This can be done by going to the "Build" menu and selecting "Clean...
It seems like you are encountering an error in Microsoft Visual Studio while trying to compile a simple C++ program. The error message "error PRJ0002 : Error result 31 returned from 'mt.exe'" indicates that there might be an issue with the program manifest generation during the build process. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve this error: 1. Check Visual Studio Version Compatibility: - Ensure that the version of Visual Studio you are using is compatible with the C++ project you are trying to build. 2. Clean and Rebuild: - Sometimes, build artifacts can cause issues. Try cleaning your project and then rebuilding it. This can be done by going to the "Build" menu and selecting "Clean Solution," followed by "Rebuild Solution." 3. Manifest Generation Tool (mt.exe) Troubleshooting: - Ensure that the path to 'mt.exe' is correct and that the file is not corrupted. - You can try running Visual Studio in administrator mode to see if it resolves the issue with accessing 'mt.exe.' 4. Check Project Properties: - Verify that the project properties, especially the manifest options, are correctly configured. - Check if the manifest generation is enabled or disabled in your project settings, depending on your requirements. 5. Permissions and Anti-virus: - Ensure that you have proper permissions to access the required files and directories. - Temporary disable any anti-virus or security software that might be interfering with the build process. 6. Update Visual Studio: - If you are using an older version of Visual Studio, consider updating to the latest version. Updates often contain bug fixes and improvements that could resolve issues like this. 7. Review BuildLog.htm: - The 'BuildLog.htm' file mentioned in the error message might provide more detailed information on what went wrong during the build process. Review this log for additional insights. Try these steps to see if they help resolve the error you are encountering. If the issue persists, providing more details about your Visual Studio version and the project settings could help in pinpointing the exact cause of the problem.

Solution
Back