Windows 7 Visual Studio 2008

Lukino2000

Hi all,

I am desperatly trying to install VS2008. I downloaded it from the MS site, but whenever I try to execute the setup.exe file, it show the first form but when i click, to install it, nothing happens, setup.exe hangs. No error message, nothing!

no event viewer message
no log in %TEMP%
tried with vs pro but also with vs tfs db
tried disabling antivirus

Running Win7 32bit 7000. Any hints?

Regards

L2K

I realize this is off topic, but there is no real proper place to post it:

If you are a student or teacher, Microsoft has a site where you can download full, free retails version of there powerfully development tools and also Windows Server.

Link Removed - Invalid URL

DreamSpark is simple, it's all about giving students Microsoft professional-level developer and design tools at no charge so you can chase your dreams and create the next big breakthrough in technology - or just get a head start on your career.
Professional Developer and Designer tools for students at no charge.

They offer Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 or 2008 Professional, SQL Server 2008 Developer, Windows 2008 Server Standard plus many more.

First, you have to sign up using a LiveID account, this will take you to a website called JournerEd.com. Now you have to give them the name of the college or Business Institute you're attending, then fax your photo ID to them, and when approved, you go back to the Dreamspark site, log in, choose the package you'd like to download and a page will pop up with a Verify button. If your college is not in the list, click the Link Removed - Invalid URL[/B] to learn more about the different options available to you.[/I]
If the above link doesn't work, here's the direct link:
http://www.journeyed.com/home.asp?sSrcCode=CJ2001

This will allow you to download anything on the Dreamspark site.

By the way, journeyEd.com will e-mail you with specials from time to time. I picked up Microsoft Office 2007 Pro for $59.95. I just got an email today. They're offering Adobe Creative Suite 4 Student for $299.00. The Design Premium costs $399.00.

You can only take advantage of their special deals if you convince your college to submit their information to JourneyEd.com and then your institution will appear in the selection of colleges or Business Institutes.

Hope this helps someone who's a student or pass it along to anyone who is a student

Back