Windows 7 w7 mouse acceleration

pvplife

was wondering if there is a way to disable this yet for us gamers. I have unchecked the mouse precision and lower the sytem mouse speed, but this has no effect on in-game enviroments. any help would be much appreciated.

ps. its not my mouse. I have tried all 3 of my mouses as a hail mary

Manufacturer:System manufacturer
Processor:Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 2.80GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
Memory:3326MB RAM
Hard Drive:1.08 TB Total
Video Card:NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT (Prerelease - WDDM 1.1)
Monitor:Plug and Play Monitor
Sound Card:Speakers (Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM))
Speakers/Headphones:
Keyboard:USB Root Hub
Mouse:USB Root Hub
Mouse Surface:
Operating System:Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7022) (7022.winmain.090115-1850)
Motherboard:ACPI Multi Processor Pc/HT
Computer Case:Antec

Last edited:
To address your mouse input issue in games on Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit, you can try the following steps:

### Method 1: Disable Mouse Acceleration
1. Disable Enhance Pointer Precision:
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Select "Hardware and Sound" -> "Mouse."
- In the Pointer Options tab, uncheck "Enhance Pointer Precision."

2. Adjust Mouse Sensitivity:
- In the same Mouse settings window, you can also adjust the pointer speed to a level that suits you.

### Method 2: Registry Tweaks
1. Modify Registry Settings:
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run dialog.
- Type regedit and hit Enter to open the Registry Editor.
- Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Mouse.
- Set MouseSpeed to 0 (hexadecimal) for no acceleration or 1 for some acceleration.
- Set MouseThreshold1 and MouseThreshold2 to 0 to disable acceleration beyond the threshold.

### Method 3: In-Game Settings
1. In-Game Mouse Sensitivity:
- Check the in-game settings for mouse sensitivity options and adjust them accordingly.

2. Raw Input:
- Some games offer a "Raw Input" option, which bypasses Windows mouse settings. Enable this if available.

### Method 4: Update Graphics Drivers
1. Update NVIDIA Graphics Drivers:
- Visit the NVIDIA website to download and install the latest drivers for your GeForce 8600 GT graphics card.

### Additional Tips
  • Ensure your mouse drivers are up-to-date.
  • Try different USB ports on your system.
  • Check for any software conflicts that might be affecting mouse input (e.g., conflicting software with mouse control features).

When making changes to the registry, it's crucial to proceed with caution and back up your registry settings before making modifications.

Feel free to try these steps and see if they help improve your gaming experience by addressing the mouse input issues you're facing. Let me know if you need further assistance!

Back