Windows 7 .WAX files do not open .WMA's Windows Media Player...Windows 7

doxology

Extraordinary Member
hello...

have been setting up all the *.wma files on my music web site to stream as directed by *.wax files.

everything was fine in XP Pro...but now I've gone over to Windows 7; & noticed that when I click on one of the *.wma's at my site...it doesn't stream...Windows 7 instead asks me if I want to open or save the file. no matter which option I choose...it treats it as a text file (opening the *.wax in 'Notepad').

not sure what I've done wrong or am missing.

thanx,

dox

Have you tried an alternate browser? I think they suggested this to you in the recording.org forum. Try just for trouble shooting.

can't use firefox...it will not import my IE favorites as bookmarks...the import wizard just spins & spins & spins

I am not an expert on .wax files but aren't they basically a reference to a .wma file located elsewhere? If so are the .wma files "intact"

it's ok...

I changed the music files all over to *.mp3...& the metafiles (pointers) to *.m3u...& they all work fine.

the only reason I went w/ *.wma's at all is that sound fractionally better than an *.mp3...but not so much so that it outweighs causing a problem for my visitors.

thanx 4 ur help,

dox

Back