Weight Watchers

whoosh said:
If we look at the infalible nature of the , Church , there would seem to be a common thread . How many times the church has got it wrong . When Jesus, preached about turning the other cheek , what did the church do ? Invent the , Spanish Inquisition !

Church priests and Jesus are not the same, authority and nature.

Last edited:

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
I am sure Jesus would appreciate how falible humans are . He would not expect folk to live in perpetual torment for ever . That would be to say the lest a lack of mercy .

Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand.
New Living Translation (©2007)

So how can he , Jesus , preach mercy and love and see poor ignorant souls tormented for ever ?

What you cite has nothing to do with what happens on the Judgment Day.

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
Judge not least :) I must say it does all sound very improbable . There was a time I could believe . Now it all seems to much like the vagaries of human nature . We will torture you and give you hell etc .

whoosh said:
... give you hell etc .
This depends on how you do during lifetime.

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
It all sounds a little tired and lacking mercy . The love and compassion has a cut off point ! " Hey hows I doing guv . Still in with a chance ?"

Like the sucker punch . " We turn the other cheek then kick the sh*t ."

whoosh said:
It all sounds a little tired and lacking mercy . The love and compassion has a cut off point ! " Hey hows I doing guv . Still in with a chance ?"

Like the sucker punch . " We turn the other cheek then kick the sh*t ."
This is a generalized pattern of thinking, that's it.

In my opinion, it doesn't so much matter if one is a believer or not, in fact doesn't matter at all. However, it much matters if you abide by righteous and good - again, no matter if you're believer or an atheist. Do good and right --> get good and right, get good result, otherwise 'burn' in hell.

Er, you seem to disagree?

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
happyethg.jpg Yes that is a good philosophy . We must then know what is good . If we in error attempt to do good there could be consequences down the line . If we show mercy in a situation where a short sharp shock might be more beneficial . We would need to know cause and effect . Do not forget we have all eternity to work out these threads :)

Last edited by a moderator:

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter

whoosh

Cooler King
Staff member
Premium Supporter
D-Devil The 6th gate dance with the devil

This website is not affiliated, owned, or endorsed by Microsoft Corporation. It is a member of the Microsoft Partner Program.