Weight Watchers

whoosh said:
If we look at the infalible nature of the , Church , there would seem to be a common thread . How many times the church has got it wrong . When Jesus, preached about turning the other cheek , what did the church do ? Invent the , Spanish Inquisition !

Church priests and Jesus are not the same, authority and nature.

Last edited:
I am sure Jesus would appreciate how falible humans are . He would not expect folk to live in perpetual torment for ever . That would be to say the lest a lack of mercy .

Jesus knew their thoughts and said to them, "Every kingdom divided against itself will be ruined, and every city or household divided against itself will not stand.
New Living Translation Link Removed - Invalid URL

So how can he , Jesus , preach mercy and love and see poor ignorant souls tormented for ever ?

Judge not least :) I must say it does all sound very improbable . There was a time I could believe . Now it all seems to much like the vagaries of human nature . We will torture you and give you hell etc .

It all sounds a little tired and lacking mercy . The love and compassion has a cut off point ! " Hey hows I doing guv . Still in with a chance ?"

Like the sucker punch . " We turn the other cheek then kick the sh*t ."

whoosh said:
It all sounds a little tired and lacking mercy . The love and compassion has a cut off point ! " Hey hows I doing guv . Still in with a chance ?"

Like the sucker punch . " We turn the other cheek then kick the sh*t ."

This is a generalized pattern of thinking, that's it.

In my opinion, it doesn't so much matter if one is a believer or not, in fact doesn't matter at all. However, it much matters if you abide by righteous and good - again, no matter if you're believer or an atheist. Do good and right --> get good and right, get good result, otherwise 'burn' in hell.

Er, you seem to disagree?

devil.jpg

happyethg.jpgYes that is a good philosophy . We must then know what is good . If we in error attempt to do good there could be consequences down the line . If we show mercy in a situation where a short sharp shock might be more beneficial . We would need to know cause and effect . Do not forget we have all eternity to work out these threads :)

Last edited by a moderator:
D-Devil The 6th gate dance with the devil

Last edited by a moderator:
Back