Windows 7 What is the best download manager for Windows 7?

I use LeechGet 2009. The free version only allows one D\L at a time.

The Premium version is $25.00 US and is transferable to program upgrades.

Premium version allows multiple D\L's.

LeechGet - The ultimate download utility

It integrates well with IE both IE8 and the IE9 beta and a capture plugin is available for Firefox.

I've been using it for 6 years, it works great.

I've tried a number of Download Managers over the years and am currently using the NetVideoHunter 1.4 add-on for Firefox 3.6. NetVideoHunter has a little icon in the status bar which allows you to see what is available for downloading and it seems to work just fine with all the file types on the websites I visit. I used to be a fan of Orbit Downloader but gave up on that once they came out with the software updater, homepage changer and other add-ons as part of the installer.

I've also tried a number of what claimed to be Download Accelerators, but didn't find that any of them made an appreciable difference on my painfully slow and often intermittent DSL connection.

Last edited:
Navigate to Orbit program folder and rename SoftwareUpdater.dll to .old.

Thanks Cybercore but when I tried that with Firefox 3.6.1.2 I couldn't see the GetIt button or even the old Gray icon to download videos on UTube. I couldn't even download videos by manually pasting the URL directly into Orbit. All very frustrating so I'm going back to NetVideoHunter.

Thanks Cybercore but when I tried that with Firefox 3.6.1.2 I couldn't see the GetIt button or even the old Gray icon to download videos on UTube. I couldn't even download videos by manually pasting the URL directly into Orbit. All very frustrating so I'm going back to NetVideoHunter.

Hey replying to your first post I had no idea you were not happy with "Get it", you said Orbit software updates upset you. So rename that .dll and it won't ever bother you again.

As for FF 4.6.12 I use it too and my Orbit has "Get it" over youtube videos (I have to move mouse though for "Get it" to appear, sometimes it takes me to reload page):

A.jpg

NetVideoHunter - cool, thanks for sharing. Haven't tried that yet but later I will for sure. I also sometimes use 1-click youtube downloader extension.

[langtitle=id]Re: What is the best download manager for Windows 7?[/langtitle]

[lang=id]saya menggunakan Internet Download Manager[/lang]

Re: [langtitle=id]Re: What is the best download manager for Windows 7?[/langtitle]

Is it really matters? use simple programs like Download manager, or nothing at all.
I don't actually use them couse I see them as pointless procesessssssssss...
However still have a download manager install laying around somewhere :D

This will use to download the windows 7 is used the Internet Download Manager (IDM) is a tool to increase download speeds by up to 5 times, resume and schedule downloads. The Comprehensive error recovery and resume capability will restart broken or interrupted downloads due to lost connections and the network problems with the computer shutdowns ant the unexpected power outages

Back