whats a good affordable video card for win 7?

Discussion in 'Windows 7 Hardware' started by anchortim, Jan 26, 2009.

1. anchortim

anchortim New Member

right now i have a ati radeon 9100 agp card with 64 mb in my computer now and windows 7 is running ok. Since its a older card I wanna upgrade to a newer card with more memory and more compatibility. Can anybody suggest a good card that will work well with little problems? I don't care if it is ati or nvidia I use both and never had any problems with neither brand. I also do care to much about gameing because i only play a few pc games.

2. Kyle

Kyle New Member

You can get an ATI Radeon HD3450 for about $50 in AGP, or a Geforce 7300 GT for like 70$ in AGP.
    They're hard to find, but I'd recommend newegg, as they have most of that kind of stuff.

3. reghakr

reghakr Excellent Member

Right now I have a PCI express NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT 512 MB memory with a performance score of 5.2.

I think Microsoft's a little off on their requirements. You really need a mid to high-end card for true performance.

Like Kyle said, newegg is good, you could also search sites like Pricegrabber, Bizrate, or Pricescan to get the lowest price.

4. Kyle

Kyle New Member

I think he's probably just looking to be able to run Aero and some small games.
    a 9100 doesn't have drivers for Vista or Windows 7, so he can only run the basic UI.

5. anchortim

anchortim New Member

I just purchased a his radeon hd 3650 card and installed it. The card runs smoothly, aero is running at full speed and I am able to play the games I do got. There is one problem the color is off becuase I need to use the vga adapter for my regular crt moniter.