Where in the world are Microsoft's datacenters?

reghakr

Essential Member
Microsoft is building out its datacenters and datacenter infrastructure at a rapid clip, as part of the company’s stated mission to introduce a cloud version and/or cloud components of all of its existing software products.

While Microsoft does share some information about what’s inside these datacenters, the company seldom provides an overview of its grand datacenter plan. That’s why I was happy to get from one of my sources this slide (from November 2009), which shows where Microsoft has built and is building its Microsoft Online datacenters across the globe.

ms-datacenters.png

Microsoft’s plan is to pair up datacenters for each geographic region, with one datacenter being designated as primary and the other, secondary, for disaster-recovery purposes. Microsoft was evaluating whether to put a primary datacenter in Brazil for the South American market, backed up by a North American datacenter.

According to this slide, Microsoft will be adding support for customers in Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Czech Republic, Greece, Hungary, Israel, Mexico, Poland, Puerto Rico, Romania, Hong Kong, South Korea and Taiwan in the coming months.

Microsoft Online — or MS Online, as it is labeled at the top of this slide — is the part of the company that develops and sells Microsoft-hosted offerings like the Business Productivity Online Suite (BPOS); the individual BPOS services (SharePoint Online, Exchange Online, Office Communications Online and Live Meeting); Dynamics CRM Online; and forthcoming new services, like the BPOS-Lite product I wrote about earlier this year.

Source: http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=5700&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+zdnet%2Fmicrosoft+%28ZDNet+All+About+Microsoft%29

Back