Windows 7 Which Graphics card do I keep

sargan

Extraordinary Member
Have 2 Dell PC's at home .... will be keeping the newest one and putting more RAM in it upgarding to W7 etc. (a DEll E521)

I have a choice of 2 graphics cards ... a Geoforce 7300L and an ATI Radeon X1300

Which of these 2 cards is the better to keep ? ... I suspect it's the ATI ... but thought it best to ask.​

I am biased towards Nvidia, however, may aswell keep both. Just incase the primary breaks.

Also, checkout the benchmarks of the two cards: PassMark Software - Video Card Benchmark Charts, this should be able to give you some idea.

Those two cards are WAY TOO OLD, there IS NO POINT in "putting more RAM in it and upgrading to W7 etc." because sooner or later you'll bottleneck your PC. IF you have to use one of the cards, I'd choose the NVIDIA one (obviously l I'd choose NVIDIA), but it would be better if you just bought a new one (or built a new one). The E521 is old, outdated, and generally a (excuse me for putting this in a crude way) pile of scrap computer parts (by today's standards). Unless all you use it for is checking your email and doing stuff like microsoft word, you're wasting your time. Both of those cards are absolute junk and will very likely overheat and crash if you start playing games (as in team fortress 2 or max payne 3 etc etc).

AND, PassMark Software Rating isn't very reliable, you're better off reading reviews from forum threads or techradar/techpowerup/anandtech etc etc.

Back