Which model should I buy in 2022 for video editing?

editor197

Currently, I'm looking for a suggestion to purchase my new laptop. I've already checked out some great devices from the Surface series, but I'm confused, about which one to choose. I could not decide yet because I do not have enough knowledge in this area. Below, I have included what specifications that should be on my new laptop. Also editing software, which I want to use without any delays or other problems. Please check and suggest to me the best one.

Spec's Requirements:

Processor: Core i5 or i7

Display: FHD / Pixelsense

Storage: At least 1 TB

RAM: At least 8 to 16 GB

Graphics: Intel® Iris® Xe Graphics

Software lists:

Filmora
Photoshop (latest version)
illustrator
Gravit Designer
Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Avid Media Composer
HitFilm Expres

Extra: Windows 11 Support

Is this site providing surface legal price caused I have faced some issues with our country reseller, they're asking too much price than the official price. Should I take from this site, I am also seeking this advice.
Microsoft Surface price in Bangladesh 2022 | MC Solution BD

surface price.jpg

Hope I will get my best suggestion from the windows forum community.

Video editing will benefit from a more powerful CPU and more ram, so the i7 would be better and more ram the better

Avid Media Composer is a powerful tool for editing video and audio. It features a simple yet comprehensive interface that makes it easy to work with, even if you have no previous experience working with video editing software. It supports many different types of files including HD videos, 4 K footage, and RAW images and lets you easily add text, titles, transitions, effects and music. Click Here

Currently, I'm looking for a suggestion to purchase my new laptop. I've already checked out some great devices from the Surface series, but I'm confused, about which one to choose. I could not decide yet because I do not have enough knowledge in this area. Below, I have included what specifications that should be on my new laptop. Also editing software, which I want to use without any delays or other problems. Please check and suggest to me the best one.

Spec's Requirements:

Software lists:

Filmora
illustrator
Gravit Designer
Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Avid Media Composer
HitFilm Expres

Is this site providing surface legal price caused I have faced some issues with our country reseller, they're asking too much price than the official price. Should I take from this site, I am also seeking this advice.

View attachment 40536

I want to know which model should I buy in 2022 for video editing and I am glad I found your post where I found my answer. I also found Best Dissertation Editing Services Reviews website where I can read reviews for an essay writing service. Now, I can easily find essay writers online.
I think you should go for it. Because after reading your post, I have bought Microsoft Surface Pro 8 and I love it.

1. Panasonic VSOL-GT50
The Panasonic VSOL-GT 50 is a 4K capable machine that comes with a variety of features and is designed for 4K video editing.
2. Blackmagic Design UM6700U
The BlackMagic Design UM6700U is a professional video editing workstation that can handle RAW footage without any quality loss.
3. Red Dragon CX8870QP
Red Dragon's CX8870Qp is a professional video editing machine with a full array of tools for making 2D and 3D videos.
4. Sony F65
Sony's F65 is a 4K capable video editing machine that is able to edit HD content and can be connected to a smartphone or tablet for remote control.
5. Dell Precision 7510
The Dell Precision 7510 has been designed to make video recording easier and faster than ever before.
6. Canon C80
The Canon C80 is a versatile video editing system that supports high quality audio and provides advanced color correction capabilities.
7. Asus Xonar DX
Asus' Xonar DX produces crystal clear sound recordings and lets users enjoy their multimedia experience with no distortion at all!

Spec's Requirements:

Software lists:

Filmora
illustrator
Gravit Designer
Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Avid Media Composer
HitFilm Expres

It sounds like you are looking for a laptop that can handle your editing software and screen recording software without any delays or problems. Here are a few things to consider when selecting a laptop for this purpose:

Processor: Look for a laptop with a fast processor, such as an Intel Core i5 or i7, or a AMD Ryzen 5 or 7. This will help ensure that your laptop has the power to handle your editing software and screen recording software (15+ Best Screen Recorders for a Mac in 2022 – Movavi

RAM: Make sure the laptop has at least 8GB of RAM. This will allow your laptop to run smoothly even with multiple programs open at the same time.

Storage: Look for a laptop with a solid state drive (SSD) rather than a hard disk drive (HDD). SSDs are much faster and will help improve the overall performance of your laptop.

Graphics: If you plan on doing any video editing or 3D modeling, you will want a laptop with a dedicated graphics card. The NVIDIA GeForce or AMD Radeon series are good options.

Based on these specifications, a laptop from the Surface series, such as the Surface Laptop 3 or Surface Book 3, would be a good choice. These laptops have fast processors, plenty of RAM and storage, and good graphics capabilities. They are also well-respected for their build quality and overall performance.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Last edited by a moderator:
the link you posted is for Mac systems yet you say a Microsoft made laptop is best?

the Surface 3 is cheap by design i.e, the min $ spent to make something that 'should' work for the job... they are mass made to surve a market need of company needs X all the same to give their staff

For handling heavy software like Premiere Pro and Photoshop, definitely go for an i7 and 16 GB RAM if you can. Surface laptops should handle these well, but make sure you get one with a dedicated GPU for better video editing performance.

About buying from MC Solution BD, it's always a good idea to check the official site and other stores for price comparisons. Sometimes local sellers have higher prices because of taxes or other charges. And hey, if you're into video editing, you might find this article on a free video cutter handy: Top 19 Best Free Video Cutter Software 2023 [Free, Online]. It's a pretty cool resource!

Last edited:

Spec's Requirements:

Software lists:

Filmora
illustrator
Gravit Designer
Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Avid Media Composer
HitFilm Expres

Leveraging Mac for video editing presents an unparalleled creative canvas. Its robust hardware and software capabilities offer an exceptional editing environment. Following Setapp's diagnostic tips ensures optimal performance, crucial for seamless video editing. The diagnostics guide aids in maintaining Mac's health, identifying potential issues that might hinder the editing process. By optimizing Mac's performance through these diagnostics, users can harness its full potential for video editing. The comprehensive guide streamlines troubleshooting, guaranteeing smooth editing sessions. With Setapp's insightful tips https://setapp.com/how-to/run-diagnostics-on-mac/ users can maintain their Mac's efficiency, empowering them to create high-quality videos effortlessly, making the most of Mac's prowess in the realm of video editing.

View attachment 40536

1. Dell XPS 15 or XPS 17: The Dell XPS series, particularly the XPS 15 and XPS 17, are known for their powerful processors, excellent displays, and good performance for video editing tasks. They often come with high-resolution screens and powerful configurations suitable for handling demanding editing software.
  2. Razer Blade 15 Studio Edition: Razer Blade laptops, especially the Studio Edition, are designed with content creators in mind. They typically offer powerful specifications, dedicated graphics cards, and vibrant displays, making them suitable for video editing tasks.

Last edited:

Spec's Requirements:

Software lists:

Filmora
illustrator
Gravit Designer
Adobe Premiere Pro CC
Avid Media Composer
HitFilm Expres

Is this site providing surface legal price caused I have faced some issues with our country reseller, they're asking too much price than the official price. Should I take from this site, I am also seeking this advice on GE PSB1001NSS Use and Care Manual online.

View attachment 40536

If you plan on doing any video editing or 3D modeling, you will want a laptop with a dedicated graphics card. The NVIDIA GeForce or AMD Radeon series are good options. Based on these specifications, a laptop from the Surface series, such as the Surface Laptop 3 or Surface Book 3, would be a good choice

If you plan on doing any video editing or 3D modeling, you will want a laptop with a dedicated graphics card. The NVIDIA GeForce or AMD Radeon series are good options. Based on these specifications, a laptop from the Surface series, such as the Surface Laptop 3 or Surface Book 3, would be a good choice
You would make it easier for all of us if you indicated exactly what your field of activity is. If you are doing regular non-linear editing for YouTube, then a core i5 would be enough for you. Besides, why would you spend money on 1 TB of memory if the video can be immediately uploaded to the cloud? But if you are a streamer, I advise you to pay attention to the internal memory and RAM because Screen Capture software usually uses a lot of RAM. It is better to take care of this in advance so that your screen recording is smooth and your computer does not heat up.

Last edited:
I’m just thinking about buying a surface for the same purposes, is it worth it? because they told me that it overheats
Don’t think that this is criticism or an insult, but am I the only one who follows trends and after such strong ai like sora/midjourney, I don’t see the point in non-linear video editing at all?

I’m just thinking about buying a surface for the same purposes, is it worth it? because they told me that it overheats
1 all laptops can overheat so if that's a concern you should consider a desktop model instead

2 yes a surface is fine for most people and it's much cheaper

3 worth it? Depends, Windows 10 ends next year and much of the software won't run on Windows 11 so if you see a 'too good to be true' deal take a closer look

Sent from my Nokia X20 using Windows Forums mobile app

Back