Windows 7 Which Windows 7 Ultimate to install?

nviegas

Hi Guys,
Which Windows Ultimate do I install?
x64 or x86?
I have a LG R510 Intel Core 2 Duo 2Ghz with 2Gig RAM
Thanks a lot...

The system is slow... so far the internet is working fine in opening pages and everything else...

but opening programs is quite slow, slower than XP...

i think the problem is that when i was installing the drivers from the driver CD, it also tried to install NAV...
when that happened with my XP, it slowed the system right down, and even though i uninstalled it, it was still lagging... so i just had to reformat and install again, and this time making sure that the driver cd didnt install NAV...

looks like i know what has to be done... another clean install of windows 7...

thanks a lot for your thoughts..

I agree w/ the redo idea

Drew

And go into Advanced during the install program and Format the disk before you install.

I found the first time I installed without formating the drive I had artifacts left from previous installs that created random problems.

After I did a format and then install the issues went away

Hi Guys, thanks a lot, I did a redo, and everything is up and running and all okay... i think...
So far all the programs are running quite fast...

Thanks Summersr, thats the way I always do a clean install, just saves with all the hassels of having things left behind...

now just have to wait for a PCI controller driver to come out...
still cant find anything on the net..

Thanks Summersr, thats the way I always do a clean install, just saves with all the hassels of having things left behind...

Agree. As you have to go hunt for the Format option during the install process (Its in Advanced features) a lot of users miss this step.
It can be a hassle to reinstall programs but is worth formating and doing a clean install in the end

Back