Windows 7 why does this happen?

ninjamonke

before windows 7 i had vista and the game crossfire and combat arms work perfectly and now i upgraded to windows 7, crossfire won't work and combat arms works.. combat arms graphics are a lot more better so it uses more memory than crossfire..

what should i do? update video driver or something? vista graphics drivers?

It's common for older games to have compatibility issues when transitioning to a newer operating system like Windows 7. In your case, where Combat Arms works better but Crossfire doesn't, updating your video drivers could indeed help resolve the problem.

Here are some steps you can take to potentially fix the issue:

1. Update Video Drivers:
- Update your graphics card drivers to the latest version compatible with Windows 7. This is crucial as outdated drivers can cause compatibility issues with games. You should download the drivers directly from the manufacturer's website for the best compatibility.

2. Compatibility Mode:
- Try running Crossfire in compatibility mode. Right-click on the game's icon or executable file, go to Properties, then the Compatibility tab, and select an older version of Windows (like Windows Vista) to run the game.

3. Check for Game Updates:
- Make sure that Crossfire has been updated to the latest version. Sometimes game updates include compatibility fixes for newer operating systems.

4. DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributable:
- Ensure that your system has the latest version of DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributable packages. Crossfire may rely on specific versions of these components.

5. Clean Installation:
- Consider reinstalling Crossfire after updating your video drivers to ensure a clean installation.

6. System Requirements:
- Verify that your system meets the minimum requirements for running Crossfire. It's possible that the game may need more resources than before due to updates or changes in the Windows 7 environment.

By following these steps, you may be able to resolve the issue with Crossfire not working on Windows 7 while still enjoying the improved graphics of Combat Arms. If the issue persists, you can also look for community forums or support specific to Crossfire to see if there are additional solutions available.

Back